Yet another 84 x cab

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by White Trash, Jun 12, 2013.

1. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    So I've been tinkering away as I have time since we're just 2 weeks into the 6 week beginning rush of harvest.

Since my last update I swapped the sr5 panels on now I just need to pick up a set of seperates to put in the holes.

[​IMG]

I picked a set of 4x fenders, new tailight lenses a different tool box that sits on the floor so I can put my canopy on if I want now. The 4x truck came with a couple black grills one of which has chrome around the headlights trimmed in black so its different than anything stock.

The drop spindles I bought off of here showed up monday too so hopefully I'll have time to do a rear notch this weekend so I can drop the whole thing another couple inches. :D

2. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Got home from work at 6 this am and took a nap. Got up a few hours later and started enjoying a day off. :D

Cleaned up the 4x fenders and blew some primer on them then cleaned up the grill and got it all swapped on. I really like the chrome around the headlights. Its different than any I've seen and its subtle. The fenders make me realize how badly I need to either go larger with my wheels or at least wider. I'll have to wait on that till I get the 8" narrow axle from the 76 yota I scrapped a few years ago in to fit the wheels of choice. I'm thinking some 15x8's in the front with the current 195/60's and some 15x10's or maybe 12's out back with some 295/50's.

[​IMG]

3. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Tool box is swapped. I had to cut out the front part of the wheel wells but the slope of the toolbox just happens to match the slope of the fuel filler so alls well. :D

I picked up a flawless tailgate the other day too. The red one was decent but dinked up in places and rusty.

[​IMG]

4. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    I had the day off so I spent the day working on the truck.

I learned something today too. 89-95 2x steering boxes are different than 84-88. The center links and tie rods are the same though.

Which means I learned that by swapping on the power steering. :D While I was there I went ahead and swapped in an aluminum radiator I picked up a month ago or so.

5. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Son of a biotch I didn't realize I hadn't updated this thread in forever.

The only real change is my half assed selling attempt, screwing with the carburetor trying to get it perfect and swapping the wheels.

[​IMG]

As for future upgrades I have all the parts to install a/c, 89+ efi, 8" rear axle with 3.07's and I've decided to put my 2" drop spindles on this truck. I'll have to notch the rear frame to drop it to match which also means I'll need to rebuild the exhaust. Lucky me. :lol:

6. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Carb is finally sorted out. Damned vacuum lines were out of whack even though they were perfect according to the factory schematic. That took some time to get right. :lol:

Swapped all the HID/LED stuff out of it and pulled the stereo stuff. Truck is supposedly sold next friday, if it goes I'll pick up another 89-95 efi truck to build as a driver.

7. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Not only did the truck not sell, but I just replaced the fuel pump today and got it running so the wife can start driving it. This thread will be revived and put back into action as I start where I left off. Picked up some silverstar bulbs for the old H4 housings and I still have a full set of LED bulbs for it too.

8. xavierparrish

xavierparrish Newbie

Truck:
    88 Toyota pickup
    i want those cherokee rims:(

9. ace89

ace89 Member

Truck:
    86 xcab sr5 turbo
    If you want to sell that chrome glove box piece let me know.

10. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    I like the wheels too, they will be going on with new rubber pretty soon. :D

I wish I'd have grabbed the lower door panels that matched the glovebox years ago but I'll have to be happy with the glovebox trim.

I just picked up a 38/38 weber for my 90 so it's 32/36 will be going on this truck. There is a 1 ton front sway bar heading my way for the 90 so it's 23mm front bar will be a welcome addition to this truck since it has no sway bars at all currently. I'll be doing the same 2nd gen runner rear sway bar as my 90 on this truck as well. It really tightened up the 90 so I'm really looking forward to getting the work done. D:

[​IMG]

11. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Well my nephew just HAD to have this truck back last winter so I sold it to him for $1600. He put new tires on it and a nice stereo otherwise not a damned thing has changed. I just bought it back sans tires and stereo for $500. :lol: The old aluminum wheels from my silver truck with the fatty tires are going on this truck and I'm swapping the manifold back on so I can put a front sway bar on it. The header on it now is for a 4x4 so it's in the way.

12. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    So I got the truck back. Again... :lol: I've made great money buying and selling this truck. Last go around I got $1300 for it. I just bought it back for $500 with nothing a few thousand miles put on it since I sold it. I think my old tires & wheels look sweet on it. :D

20160124_142210.jpg