Winter Projects

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by TRUCK ACTION, Oct 10, 2012.

1. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    No & yes, from a company no longer in business , Quickor Performance.
    Made from 4140 chrome Moly Spring steel. At the time the kit #22650 was made to fit front & rear Toyota pickups. His bars fit very tight up to the frame & work very well( had them on a E-250 Ford van with a 460 built engine!)
    The owner ,Glen Rissberger,had a stroke some years back & sold the business.
    I spoke with him some years ago about making me a new front bar as I have different suspension now & the bar can't mount as was.At the time he was making small orders in his garage!
    I cut the front bar so to mock up & use for a model for a new one. Just haven't made the tabs & welded in place to check movement clearances!:cool:

2. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Well got the rear side & rear glass back in & will get the front door glass in today.
    Will start on the switch replacements & the drivers & passenger doors, get them wired up. Got the switches fitted to the existing master & made a new mounting plate for the passenger side .The switches are 6 pin units the will replace the stock ones ,these are back lit with the lights on!
    Once wired up will repaint all & get reinstalled. The 2nd photo is the stock switch bezels.
    Doing this while working on front bumper.:cool:

Attached Files: