White Hornet

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Lowtide671, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Lowtide671

Lowtide671 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' single cab 2wd
    Gonna Have a complete custom drive shaft made. Not sure theirs anything that will adapt because of that donut on the end of the tranny.

2. Dark

Dark Newbie

Thats what I thinking too...thanks...

3. Dark

Dark Newbie

Hey man how u planning to run ur guages??stock or after market tach,coolant,speedo??

Im planning to use my yota guage but the problem is the speedometer cable...

Electric to cable??!!

4. Lowtide671

Lowtide671 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' single cab 2wd
    @Dark You and I are in the same boat seeing as how we are both goin to be running the Auto. I'm going to do all aftermarket Guages as I don't know the factory one can be run seeing as how it uses a cable. Glowshift and Autometer both make speedos that use a GPS signal and a VSS wire off the ECU.

5. Dark

Dark Newbie

Ok i think i can make use my yota cluster for this...
    Coolant temp
    Battery guage
    Rpm/tach
    Fuel/not be touch..

And after market for..
    Speedometer

Or im thinking running a s2000 cluster
    Which i done it b4 on my si..but maybe in da future..

Question:do u have ecm pinouts on 2jzge??
    I need like the full engine to ecm pins and trans to ecm pins..so i can cut the wires i dont need on ecm side..

Attached Files:

6. Lowtide671

Lowtide671 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' single cab 2wd
    Yes email me directly at [email protected] and ill send you the PDF for the ECM. let me know the year of the GS that your motor is coming out of.

7. PRO-STAR

PRO-STAR Newbie

Truck:
    87 toy Hilux
    coming along real nice man, really digging the Starion wheels, like how you didnt go with the Guam truck look with welds and Efi's.. keep up the good work

8. Lowtide671

Lowtide671 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' single cab 2wd
    @PRO-STAR thanks man! And yeah I've never cared for EFIs and only a few sets from weld or American racing.

A little more progress was made. Just Recived in the mail the mounts also.
    [​IMG]

Found some cherry color black Lexus IS300 seats at the junk yard.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mods and wiring will be very much needed if you are thinking about getting a pair.

[​IMG]

Also found this very Cherry part. Good thing mine was all messed up....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Lowtide671

Lowtide671 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' single cab 2wd
    Couple of freebies...
    [​IMG]

And when trying to remove the jack holder their was a little damage in the process.... Oh well nothing a little tax welding and bondo can't fix..
    [​IMG]

10. Dark

Dark Newbie

11. Lowtide671

Lowtide671 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' single cab 2wd
    Got a few more things checked off the list today...
    CLEANING!!!
    before.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and AFTER
    had to clean it with a hose and some dish soap seeing as how it was super thick.... just popped of the cab plugs and removed the body bolts so the water could drain.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    also decide to clean in the cross/center support seeing as how it had a ton of surface rust on it....
    just sanded it down and gave it a couple of coats of primer...
    [​IMG]
    everthing reinstalled
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i need to replace the flooring with something. wanted to go with the preformed ones that you can find on eBay and other sites but idk, I've seen a few truck that just ran some heat forming carpet they made them self that turned out really nice for a fraction of the cost.....

gonna check out the fabric stores tomorrow.

12. yotarip

yotarip Veteran

In case you don't know. The gearshift linkage on the lexus trans is on the opposite side as the truck trans with column shifter. Since the interior is already out, the easiest fix is to use a floorshifter from a cressida, supra, or rwd corrolla or celica.

I'm also hating real hard on you right now. I'd love to put the is300 seats in my cressida.I have the leather/suede is300 front seats in it right now but the suede is starting to wear.

13. Lowtide671

Lowtide671 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' single cab 2wd
    @yotarip Brother those seats where sucks lucky find lol. I got to the junk yard right as they opened and that IS300 was being put into place as i spotted it, fork lift and all. One of the bolts where rounded off so they didn't come out with out a fight.
    As far as the shifter goes I'm still on the hunt for a Floor shifter, older toyotas that have what i need are pretty rare in yards here in san antonio. I have however though about just buying one from maybe Hurst B&M TCI or maybe even a Turbo Cheetah. Those things are Hella Expensive tho...

A little more progress on the interior. I painted all the dash Using Krylon Fusin Sation Black. Came out pretty amazing!!!! highly recommended.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Test Fit the Grill too

[​IMG] \

14. yotarip

yotarip Veteran

Looks really good. Those IS300 seats are easy to wire up. I spliced them into the power seat harness in my cressida and only used one power and one ground wire.

15. Lowtide671

Lowtide671 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' single cab 2wd
    @yotarip thanks man. yeah wiring them took all of about 1/2hr as i did make a littile OEM style harness and connector. the seats did have the 2 position memory so the ECU did need to be wired up as well for the drivers to work. I unlimited access to TIS so finding the EWD was no challenge. also if you ever need any of that stuff just let me know.

16. Lowtide671

Lowtide671 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' single cab 2wd
    Ok made just a tad more progress today. The donor and engine build had to be done at my buddy house due to the fact the my driveway isn't perfectly level and we had to raise the car in weird ways to get the motor out. Is was wrecked on one side and made things weird.
    So the engine tranny and all the shop equipment are now at my house and we can final start making real progress.
    Night ran a little short as everyone's gotta goto work in the morning. Was able to get all the parts removed so the tomorrow we can just hook up chains and pull it out... We'll probably have a lot of fun tomorrow ....
    [​IMG]

17. Lowtide671

Lowtide671 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' single cab 2wd
    Out with the old.....
    [​IMG]
    And in with the new....
    [​IMG]

It's only a mock up so far as the Headers are not fitted. Nor is the transmission connected at this point. I know a few members in the past have had problems before with the EBay / drop zone customs mounts but they fit to the engine with no problems what so ever.
    Getting to motor in was VERY smooth no hang ups
    A dam good feeling finally having the engine in!!!

[​IMG]

twizted1 likes this.
  18. yotarip

yotarip Veteran

Nice work. Do you have sc400 exhaust manifolds?

19. Lowtide671

Lowtide671 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' single cab 2wd
  20. twizted1

twizted1 Addict

Truck:
    '89 xcab 2wd
    Is that red toy in your signature? its that why it is coming up so often?? if yes, can you please make it smaller?