Tuning Help or Ideas. Need more Speed!!

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by tacobo670, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Robert m

Robert m Addict

Truck:
    '94 single cab, 22re, 5spd
    Jesus... I don't even take my tractor engine up above 5,000 rpms because it sounds like it wants to die. I cant imagine what one of them would sound like at 6k plus!

2. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Before I swapped out the 4.56's for 4.10's it was common to hit 6200 on every straight stretch of the track in 2nd gear. All it did was make noise above about 5600 but shifting into 3rd would slow me down too much. :lol:

3. tacobo670

tacobo670 Addict

Truck:
    94 Base
    lol i usually shift between 6-6200. sounds amazing! my buddy, helped him build his motor, shifts at 7k. its a full race motor, bottom to top. runs like a beast

not really following what u mean to say here. u had 456, and would hit 6200 in 2nd gear..... and then....... :confused:

i got 456, i hit 6k in every gear. shift, drops to about 4500, then wind back up to 6 and do it again 3 more times! that was my main issue, why i was losing (thetruck didn't seem like it was making any power in 3rd gear) out. don't get me wrong, 1st n 2nd had pull because of the gears. but 3rd just felt dead. and 4th pulls great. but it was just 3rd i had an issue with.

4. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater

When I run out of cam about 5600 rpm and the finish lights are still 100' away shifting into 3rd would slow me down so I'd just keep it pinned and run it out to 6200 rpm. Now that I swapped 4.10's back into it I cross the line at about 5800 rpm track layout dependant. I need to find some 3.90's, I think they'd be the sweet spot for my dd/weekend AutoX usage.

5. tacobo670

tacobo670 Addict

Truck:
    94 Base
    Why not try 430? I wanna finish through the traps a little higher into 4th gear. Right now, I'm about 4-4500 at the line. I wanna be at around 5500. Maybe another gear change, 488 perhaps??! (*villain laugh*)

6. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    4.30's are too low. 3.90's will keep me in the power band the whole course.

7. Strider

Strider Member

Were not building a competition ProStock combination here. If you need to ask for help with something you should be willing to state exactly what was wrong.

The guru has spoken.

8. tacobo670

tacobo670 Addict

Truck:
    94 Base
    :clapping::bowdown:

9. Strider

Strider Member

All anyone can get from your answer is you either have no clue what the specific mechanical problem was (you said you found something), you're trying to keep the answer to the original problem a secret, or you are going to start a career as a politician.

10. tacobo670

tacobo670 Addict

Truck:
    94 Base
    ...well, as someone pointed out on here earlier... to do some research instead of waiting for a hand-out. which is what i did, and some trial and error. as for my fix, i will be able to divulge some information on it. in a PM. i just wont post it.

politician huh? then i am in need of a VP lol :D

11. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    You don't get it apparently. We don't figure you've found the holy grail of r series horsepower, we're just curious as to what was wrong with your setup. It's just as simple as that.

12. Strider

Strider Member

Look, I can see how one poster in this thread may have seemingly pooped in your Cheerios and put you on the offensive but you have to get over that stuff or you'll never grow. There are plenty of butt-heads out there and there's no need to throw your hat in the ring, the world is already full of them.

From most of your replies about what was wrong it sounds like you are trying to take credit for finding the answer all on your own through testing. That is until you back up to this post.
    To me it says someone pointed you in the right direction at the track. Now for some reason you're trying to make it sound like you pretty much did all on your own. It looks petty.

I have no want nor need for your findings because I'll never build one of these engines to the extent you have but I have general curiosity in the answer.
    -IF- you indeed found the problem I'm sure someone could benefit by you posting the answer. If it was something simple you had been overlooking don't worry about it being embarrassing. Anyone who's ever gone very far with building or tuning anything has been there but you get over it and you become better for it.

Nobody likes a dead end thread on a forum. That's exactly what you have created, at least for now. I hope you will change your mind.

No forum would be a success without answers. They only work when people share their collective knowledge helping one another find answers in a public setting. Without that publicly shared information it would be a complete failure and might as well become a picture site.

13. tacobo670

tacobo670 Addict

Truck:
    94 Base
    i am not trying to take complete credit for my discovery. i will not be embarrassed. my help was brainstorming, trial and error. i could Not have done this without help and i will be the first to admit it. i was just saying in general that my "issue" has been resolved, and that i am now heading in the right direction. if i say i had help, how is that me taking credit? i just said ..... i had help, and then i figured it out.
    i do understand there will always be nay-sayers and Cheerio-poopers, i cant help but get a little bit upset when they fire off ramblings and not completely understand the issue.
    i try to be as helpful (to the best of my abilities) to others who are in need.

*playing the world's smallest violin, very depressing music*:cry:
    sounds like some people are bitter about something. i posted on here asking for help because i've had this problem for some time now, and its like everyone kinda shut the door on me. with all the cut-downs, "are u sure u checked this", what are u doing:duh:, why are u building this:verdict_in:, ur wasting ur money:looney:.
    its the principle.
    but in the end..... THANKS everyone! i kept at it, found a break in the clouds, and headed in a better direction then where i started.:waytogo:

if u wanna know what i did, just pm me. if u wanna waste time and write a post about a post of who had said what then ok.

PM me;
    my fix for high rpm lack of power 2-3, 3-4 gear +4k rpm
    for 22re

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  14. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    No one is going to steal your secret formula Mr. Krabs. 95% of us dont even think about dropping. Buttload of $$ in these motors like you did.

This dude is just getting his jollies from people asking what the fix was.

15. tacobo670

tacobo670 Addict

Truck:
    94 Base
    that's "Captain Krabs"!! lol :D

.... to each his own.

16. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    You said if someone would pm you that you'd tell them what the issue was. I'm still waiting for a response.

17. Strider

Strider Member

Four pages of nothing, after doing a search on the OP's name and reading some of his questions and replies I understand now.
    I wish threads like this could actually be deleted and give the wasted space back. Instead they sit there and take up space but aren't viewable to most anymore.

The unfortunate will read through 3-4 pages and realize they have wasted their time.

18. tacobo670

tacobo670 Addict

Truck:
    94 Base
    Sorry dude, not everyone is as gifted and as knowledgable as u are. Maybe i should have ran my problem by you first before starting a thread. Maybe you should start you're own thread and post all the threads that you disapprove of so it can be a "sticky" So if anyone wanted to know what threads are BS, they can look to your post and see what's in the bs post that u posted about. :bowdown:

At least I don't start threads about what wheels can fit or what kind of tint to use.

Jeez, why even post here? Thread Nazi. :looney:
    Let it go. :waytogo:

let this post die in peace :meemee:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015