Toyota crew cab dually where are they built?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LightBrightToyota, Apr 14, 2007.

1. MrDinkleman

MrDinkleman Addict

Truck:
    1988 standard cab, long bed
    Wow, I learn something new everyday...

I thought the first Japanese crew cab/stub bed was created in the 1980's with the 84-88 pickups.

2. whysmee

whysmee Enthusiast

Truck:
    62 toyopet and 76 toyota stout
  3. theangrygrandpa

theangrygrandpa Newbie

do you have a phone number if you do please share it with me im interested

4. smartmonkey

smartmonkey Veteran

Truck:
    v320, 620, 720KC, RN46, LN46, YN65 & B2200
  5. Floridacyclist

Floridacyclist Newbie

I just know that I want one of those dually crewcabs as my Airstream tow vehicle. Wonder if you can bash one from a crewcab tacoma and a longbed tacoma with a 1-ton rear-end underneath?

6. JAKS

JAKS Newbie

Truck:
    "78 Toyota Dually Crew Cab
    78 2+2 Crew cab Dually for sale

I know this isn't the for sale page but I can't post on that page. This seems like the better place to post it also.

I have a 3rd owner 78 Toyota 2+2 Crew Cab Dually for sale. It was built by RV Customs in Santa Ana. It does need work I will not lie. It is an original Eastern Washington truck. It has been in my wife's family sine 79. It sat for about 12-15 yrs at my father-in-laws house in eastern washington.

It has a 21R-U in it and a 5spd. It will crank over pops and tries to start but it won't. We did have it running a few months ago. It has rust in the rocker/kick panels. The right rear dually fender is broken but sheet metal was riveted to make the fender look whole. It does look rough.

We have the factory 1 piece rear duals. The rear end is the small bolt pattern 5x4.5. There I also a set of custom offset with spacer rear duals. So the truck will have 2 full sets of rims.

I know these trucks are very rare. I am asking 4000 but will take a reasonable offer.

Attached Files:

7. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    I want that truck!

8. 93TILinfinity

93TILinfinity Veteran

Truck:
    1993 Toyota pickup 2wd 4cyl 5speed cab and a half standard bed
    Don't we all? Man that makes me want to sell all my stuff lol

9. raylcc

raylcc Addict

Truck:
    89 Regular Cab. The weirdo with the stock suspension.
    Are those Chevy, full sized dually fenders on it? I'm trying to figure out what the RV place did and what came stock. Was this like a U-haul chassis that had a bed and extended cab built onto it? Whats on the inside of the extended cab? Was it a sleeper or like a mini conversion van? Lots of questions. The good part is, if they ARE chevy fenders, there are replacements readily available that should bolt right on.

10. whysmee

whysmee Enthusiast

Truck:
    62 toyopet and 76 toyota stout
    [​IMG]The Uhaul models on parts lists are factory long wheel base with a few different wheel base lengths, after all the issues with the earlier fake dually that were custom jobs. I found the toyota dually an interesting concept unique to the US and Canada as most places toyota offered cab over hiace, toyoace, dyna as well as hino in the larger division and combined with the fact that all toyota pickups have a metric tonne payload or greater excluding early sr5 models which had softer suspension for a even more car like comfort, even the stout had metric payloads of 1, 1.5, 1.75, 2 and 2.5 tonnes on single tyres ranging from 750 13's, 700 15's and finally the extra heavy weight had 750 15's, so these dually are a wtf for me.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014