Today on my truck I.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by nvrenufedge, Jun 3, 2010.

1. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Got the dash & all the other pieces shoot with base color.
    Will clear today,than get the dash support lower areas in color!:cool:

2. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    Lol they're not the fastest things out there.

3. B.Y.E.

B.Y.E. Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1982 2wd Hilux
    Got buckets?

Rav 4 seats, drivers side has arm rest too just cant see in pic!

[​IMG]

4. 808yotskies

808yotskies Enthusiast

today i raced my cousins 20r with dual 45's and a full exhaust vs my stock 22r. lol
    yeah i lost, not by much but i still lost. haha its time i upgrade my SH****T!

5. WallyBman

WallyBman Member

Changed my brake master cylinder. Seems to have fixed my brakes. Was able to cap the lines with some hyrdaulic caps that I SEEM to have found... Bench-bled the new master after mounting it to the booster, which made the job MUCH easier. Brakes seem stronger than ever before! Also, checked the air tank pressure after exactly 24 hours. Dropped from 197 paid to 177/178 psi. 9-10% loss over 24 hours is a big improvement over the previous 100% 24 hour loss rate!

6. WallyBman

WallyBman Member

Took the truck on a trip to the local comic store yesterday(I have a 40 title a month pull list. Yes, I have a problem). As I'm pulling in, the relay from my comps died. awesome. Luckily I had enough in the tank to lift it and get it back to the house. I now have one of those 80a big relays coming from jpkustoms and I'm going to wire up a pair of standard 4 pin relay sockets to the posts on the 80a so that if it fails, I can plug in a pair of 4 pins 40a's. Also, thanks to Congress deciding that pizza is a vegetable, I can now try a vegetarian diet!

7. BUDRO

BUDRO Member

Truck:
    2007Taco Xtra cab, 1987 Reg cab ,1985 Turbo Xtra cab
    I started to remove the engine for a rebuild and new Turbo ! I HATE THOSE TWO DANM 17MM BOLTS ON THE TOP OF THE BELLHOUSING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. IronNam

Truck:
    94 XCab
    ^^ DUDE, calm down. :)

17mm socket, swivel joint, long extensions. I went from the sides of the transmission and sneaked it up there. It was easier than coming from the top. I did have the engine supported and the transmission jacked to help.

9. WallyBman

WallyBman Member

I looked at my truck in mild disgust. I want to ride, but I also want to be lazy. And lazy usually wins. Until 2am when I carry myself outside to do some work on the stupid thing. Plus it helps that I'm waiting on parts for the truck AND the bike. No reason to do anything if I don't have ALL the parts ;)

10. cdkruse

cdkruse Newbie

Truck:
    85 truck
    Today on my truck I installed the oil pump seal put everything back on and took the mini beast for its first run in two weeks since I started changing my timing chain. Everything is good to go and glad to be done

11. kenichols29

kenichols29 Member

Today I changed my tranny oil with lucas 80w-90, changed my thermostat and gasket, and started waxing it.

12. WallyBman

WallyBman Member

Emailed a guy who owns a VERY reputable shop that is about 3 hours from here about possibly redoing the front end for me, doing shocks on the rear, z'ing the front, swapping in a cando xmsn xmember, and putting shocks on the front. I have the option of working or being off for two weeks at Christmas and I'm going to take the time off. Luckily since I'm on a union/federal contract, I get paid for Christmas Eve and Day and New Years Eve and Day. That means I'll have an extra 4 days of pay in January in addition to my Christmas bonus, which should be another 3-4 days of pay, and the fact that I get three pay checks in December. Looks like I might have the suspension finished completely by the end of January! Here is hoping... Also, I sent a text to a local shadetree builder(and member of NC, and married to a girl I have gone to school with since 3rd grade), who has built some pretty awesome rigs(including a taco daily dragger), and he had previously offered to help me out with bits and pieces and putting shocks on. If he can help me out, I'll work with him on everything but z'ing the frame. I wouldn't want to ask someone to help me with something THAT involved. I'm more than willing to pay for major work(and pay for minor work in beer and pizza ;) ).

13. IronNam

Truck:
    94 XCab
    didn't drive it all thanksgiving weekend.
    had a little gas in the tank today, so i did a top speed run to see where the truck's at with the W58...
    GPS only recorded a top speed of 105mph :/

14. WallyBman

WallyBman Member

Have I seen pics of you autocrossing the truck? If I were autocrossing one of these, 105 would be an acceptable top for me. How is your mileage?

15. IronNam

Truck:
    94 XCab
    Yes you have.
    yeah 105 is an acceptable top, i'm not sure how everyone else is pulling a 110 or so with their pickups (but mine isn't a single cab)

I have a 22re, w58, 3.41's, and 215/60/16 (very similar height to stock tires).

I was doing 105mph in 4th gear at about 4500+rpm's, not sure if she just ran out of breath up there.

Mileage isn't too bad, incorrect speedometer/ odometer doesn't help with measurements :( plus i can't resist punching it sometimes.

With the W58 in place and a drop from 3.73's to 3.41's, I'm estimating 24mpg which is at least where my automatic left me.

16. craigdbl

craigdbl Guest

I went to check out some rims and tires.I tried a 225x45x17--I'm lowered 3inches all the way around and the front would have to be lowered another 2inches to look good with this setup. Any ideas to get the tucked under look w/o lowering more. bags or bigger rims maybe?

17. 94Yota_05CBR1K

94Yota_05CBR1K Veteran

Truck:
    94 YoTa Mini 2wd
    I helped SD Yota install my rear Monroe air shocks and DJM front lower control arms. He also lowered the rear a few inches with some Belltech drop leafs. It's finally just about the height I want it to be. However more to come....

18. 94Yota_05CBR1K

94Yota_05CBR1K Veteran

Truck:
    94 YoTa Mini 2wd
    Installed some H4 HID's 6K highs and lows.

19. craigdbl

craigdbl Guest

this week changed dif. oil,replaced oil pan gasket and painted mirrors.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

20. IronNam

Truck:
    94 XCab
    got the truck to my friend's house, used the stick welder at 90 and fixed up the cracks in my ****ty frame. feel much more confident this time.
    and tacked the tiny hole in the exhaust lol.