The Raffaelli's Yota

Discussion in '1976-1983 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Raffaelli, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Predracer

Predracer Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Long bed 80 2rz turbo machine
    Looks sick man!

2. Raffaelli

Raffaelli Toyotaholic

Truck:
    82 Longbed 2WD

Yes. You need to drill 2 holes and run some bolts. But besides that, everything bolts on. Im using all of my 82 steering components though.

Upper control arms, lower control arms, ball joints, spindles w brakes and hubs, radius rods. All out of a 88.
    Use your torsion bars and torsion bar lever arm thingys. The inner bolt of the arm goes into the LCA normally. You gotta drill out the second bolt hole and bolt it.

Hope it helps

3. hood

hood Enthusiast

Truck:
    1982 Toyota Pickup, 1994 Toyota Hilux
    Awesome, cheers for clearing that up

4. 22R_All_Motor!

22R_All_Motor! Addict

Truck:
    84 pickup
    dam oliver... truck is SICK dood... i like how you did that drop man!! truck looks so cool.. i want an 82 now.. hahah... i found a dually last week on CL... it has the 8 lug diff... idk if u want or not...

5. Raffaelli

Raffaelli Toyotaholic

Truck:
    82 Longbed 2WD
    Update

Nah I dont need it, but thanks BTW.

So this weekend I messed around with the back panel of the inside of the cab.

I cleaned all of it up, (huge PITA) welded some holes, popped out the rear window and painted the sucker from the headliner to floor in 2 coats of POR-15.

Its drying right now. I left my camera at home so Ill take pics when I get back and install the sound deadener tonight.

I also shot 2 cans of Great stuff into the bottom half of the driver B pillar thru a speaker hole I got. Shot some into the back of the rocker cavity in the same area. Pics on the way :drool:

And heres a fun fact. The toyota sound deadener tar shat eventually delaminates from the metal. Its applied to unpainted steel. Making it RUST and RATTLE! Who woulda thought....:lol:

6. 22R_All_Motor!

22R_All_Motor! Addict

Truck:
    84 pickup
    don't buy that second skin bull crap or that other sound deadning, there's this **** at lowes works the same only waay cheaper... called peel and seal.. here it is.. http://bit.ly/aRaabv

7. Raffaelli

Raffaelli Toyotaholic

Truck:
    82 Longbed 2WD
    As promised...

[​IMG]

Cleaned and POR'd. PITA :lol:

Some great stuff shot into the b-pillar. Idea courtesey of someone here. (I forgot who)

[​IMG]

2 layers of peel and seal and then tried his foam stuff I found. Didnt stick so I tore it out.

[​IMG]

All finished. For today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And with the window out, a little private security. Toby

[​IMG]

I drove it home without a back window, Man its fun for some reason...:lol:

8. rajzswap

rajzswap Addict

Truck:
    89 2jz pickup
    holy shiny! are you going to put carpet over that to cover it up? If so, that would look good and deaden the sound for sure. Lookin good, keep it up.

9. Raffaelli

Raffaelli Toyotaholic

Truck:
    82 Longbed 2WD
    Yea Thanks.

On that "sound deadener showdown," which is really confusing BTW. It said you have to add mass to the panels for the low frequencys. I.E. dynamat type stuff. Byutl or asphaltic.

Then it needs a insulating type foam "with REEELLY small bubbles/air pockets. About a 1/4 inch of foam stuff.

Then the carpet. Ill be hitting up a upholstry shop or something soon for supplies...

10. mnasholm

mnasholm Enthusiast

Truck:
    1991 Std Cab 22RE
    Lookin Good :cool:

11. 22R_All_Motor!

22R_All_Motor! Addict

Truck:
    84 pickup
    wow that came out good, didn't get a good peak when i went over today, those meshies look good on it, especially the rear wheels!...

12. trap

trap Addict

Truck:
    92 pickup
    its also about a 1/5 the thickness of dynamat , cascade, second skin etc etc.

funny story about lowes, I went to lowes for the first time a few weeks ago in the middle of suburbia , actually to check out this peel and seal nonsense. I saw for the first time ever in a hardware store, 80% of the customers were women and no mexicans.

I am sure its better then nothing, but it doesn't really compare to most name brand sound deadeners

13. rajzswap

rajzswap Addict

Truck:
    89 2jz pickup

The dynomat is actually great stuff but its not cheap. My cousin installed some on his old jeep when he was into the audio. He had like 9 speakers and a sub and nothing rattled, just a very solid sound.

14. Raffaelli

Raffaelli Toyotaholic

Truck:
    82 Longbed 2WD
    Yea Rajz- Its really expensive, and almost doesnt have a bad review out there.

Trap- P&S is 40 mil. Dynamat Extreame is 67mil. Granted one is rubber based, the namebrand one is nearly 10 bucks a square.

I have a hard time justifying spending 8 more bucks a square foot just because Chip Foose reccomends it. :lol:

Theres a crappy 68 SS camaro at work with Dynamat in it. Maybe Ill skim a corner for test purposes. pics OTW.

Uggh! Sound deadener type aside, you can now hit the panel or the floor pan with the heel of your hand. Was a higher pitched BANG, now a unresounding low thud. Its doing something.

22R-I kinda dont like the meshies on the rear. Not enough lip to em. But I do like the 8 inch wide wheel!

15. trap

trap Addict

Truck:
    92 pickup
  16. 22R_All_Motor!

22R_All_Motor! Addict

Truck:
    84 pickup
    yea... lol.. HEY NOT TOO MUCH ON THAT '68 CAM!!!! lol... so how's the ol man? hope he had good trip through the air...

17. Raffaelli

Raffaelli Toyotaholic

Truck:
    82 Longbed 2WD
    ? I told you bout my dad and he went to SoCal? hmmm ok. I forgot. He's back. Brought back the best sub sandwhiches on the planet. Giamellas in Burbank.

Anyway, got my rear glass back in, rubber slipped right in. I got my 1626 Sway away torsion bars from UPS too. White ones, supposibly 200% stiffer and discontinued. 150 shipped new.

I skimmed a corner of Dynamat off the camaro, same thickness same stickyness...side by side pics soon.

[​IMG]

Goodies for increasing spring rate, and to stiffen up lowered trucks...

A shot of that camaro, it looks like a million bucks (with gator seats :puke:)
    anyone ever heard of flyrydes? Horse**** rigging crap!! (just pure junk everything you cant see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I pity the foo who got duped buyin this car. :lol:

18. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    There's FatMat also,les money,test higher ,& fast service!:cool:

19. 22R_All_Motor!

22R_All_Motor! Addict

Truck:
    84 pickup
    Look what i got!!

lookie wat i picked up at the salvage yard, for like $3(entrance fee LMFAO)

and i wonder who that is in that '82... lol..

Attached Files:

20. Raffaelli

Raffaelli Toyotaholic

Truck:
    82 Longbed 2WD
    I got my Sway a Way bars in today.
    Handles 10X better and can bite the road WAAYY hard! Set to the same level the truck was before the switch.

Got a oil change too. A big PH8A oil filter (302 mustang) bolted right on. 5.7-5.8 qts over stock 5. :waytogo: