The Official "Other car wheels on my toyota" thread

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by SD YOTA, Feb 13, 2011.

1. BatryOpratedBoy

BatryOpratedBoy Enthusiast

Truck:
    Brave Little Toaster (Diana) and Salsa Verde (Traction Control)
    That was the only way to get my 350z wheels to mount up until I sold them off. (Needed the spacing anyways.) How goes the hunt?

2. fred52

fred52 Newbie

I think some are using the spacers to get some of the wheels to fit. I'm looking for direct bolt on, NO modification, No buying spacers. Fred posted what I think is best idea, go directly to a manufactuer of rims and get proper fit. I'm still searching, but starting to lean toward Fred's advice.

3. fred52

fred52 Newbie

Still searching, I've only tried two wheels, Ford Ranger 14", and Acura 14", bolt patterns match, but hub bore would need modifying, the ranger wheels would only need a quarter inch lip cut out, BUT if not machined properly would they balance? The truck is for my son, he takes drivers ed, this summer, so no hurry. It's been a fun project so far, bought it with blown head gasket, and I've totally gone threw the top end, machined head, new timing gears, tensioners, water pump, hoses, radiator, wires plugs, ect. I got more in parts/labor (my labor) than I gave for truck lol, the more I drive it around, the more I'm thinking about giving him his mom's camry, and keeping the truck for me. He says no way, but it's titled in my name, and I'm bigger than him

BRASS MONKEY likes this.
  4. BatryOpratedBoy

BatryOpratedBoy Enthusiast

Truck:
    Brave Little Toaster (Diana) and Salsa Verde (Traction Control)
    Lol!!! What are you gonna rough him up??? That gave me a good chuckle here at work.

Have him learn in the Camry (safety first!) And then he earns the truck. Especially because for me here in Fresno, parts are hard to find and I'd be pretty torn if something happened to my little garbage pile.

You have a build thread?

5. fred52

fred52 Newbie

I didn't do build thread. If I rough him up he'll holler for his mom, and she'll slap me around, probably give him my truck,and I'm still making payments on it. My plan was give him the camry, but 4 doors was a no go. Talk about chuckle, you should see him trying to drive straight gear, tears up my driveway when taking off from dead stop, I just look at him, and say the rakes in the shed, learn to shift/take off correctly and you won't need rake. I can say I have enjoyed the experience of working on it with him,and teaching him to drive it.

6. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Drill and hone ?! Anybody try this approach? In theory it seams like it may work with a coarse enough stone ona deglazer attachment.. unless you need to take a lot of meat out of them alloys. At that point, like it's been stated.. hub centric spacer!

7. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Router works perfectly if someone really wants a certain wheel

Erwin Merida likes this.
  8. MrDinkleman

MrDinkleman Addict

Truck:
    1988 standard cab, long bed
    Back in the day, I worked at Epsilon wheel. We had a shipment of bad centers with too small center bores. We increased the bore diameter with a coarse emory cloth flap wheel in a 3/8th inch drill.

9. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    That sounds promising with a nice finish!

10. Tha_Killa_Kev

Tha_Killa_Kev Newbie

Did you have to run spacers?