Tacoma dash swap

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Scr8pnyota, Oct 9, 2013.

1. DionTDE

DionTDE Addict

Truck:
    93 single cab 2wd
    I am thinking about doing this myself or get really crazy with it. I havent decided yet.

2. Soldadito76

Soldadito76 Newbie

Did this in my rig but took it further. Just finished doing a 3.4 swap but wanted everything to be plug and play without a wiring conversion adapter. All wiring from a 1st gen Tacoma from engine bay to the taillights. Complete HVAC system, dash,dash support,steering column, and everything dash related was pulled and piled together and installed into my 93' pickup. Only thing not installed was the radio because I haven't had a radio in any vehicle since 1998 because I like to the things that start making noise before things actually break.

Everything works as it came from the dealer including all the HVAC system. Not a swap from one vehicle to the other by all means. But having done it I am very satisfied with the end result. Now I'm thinking of pulling it all back apart and find a 4runner donor for all the extra switches provision that are provided.

Erwin Merida and Ponyryd like this.
  3. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Reading that post almost gave me anxiety knowing what it takes to pull it off.. hahaha good stuff, you should start a thread of your truck so we can a tag along!