static dropped

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by 1988 Lo-yota, Sep 22, 2009.

1. 1988 Lo-yota

1988 Lo-yota Member

Truck:
    1988 Toyota pickup
    Here are a couple of pics of my 88 before and after i dropped it. sorry about the photos i ran out of light. Will post more soon.:clapping:

Attached Files:

2. islandboyjt20

islandboyjt20 Newbie

Truck:
    94 extra cab 2.2
    how much drop do you have...?

3. 1988 Lo-yota

1988 Lo-yota Member

Truck:
    1988 Toyota pickup
    I have a 4" drop sitting on 1" bumpstops in the rear. Up front 4" i flipped my balljoints and cranked down my torsion bars cant go any lower on bars until i replace my tire due to rubbing at half lock. I like the steelies so im going to ride those on lower profile tires.

4. JOE_1985

JOE_1985 Veteran

Truck:
    87 custom
    i'm a fan of the steelies as well, i had 3 extra ones but i loaned one to a friend and never saw it again so im going to try and find another 2.

my last truck had 225/60/14s on it, rode good , and had alot better grip than stock

those tires are hard as hell to find though

i think im going to look for some 215/60/14s or 235/60/14s, till i get one of my 18s fixed, im debating selling them and getting the mustang bullet wheels ,or any other keystone or crager 5 spoke mag in a 16 or 17

5. rajzswap

rajzswap Addict

Truck:
    89 2jz pickup
    thats a good stance for that wheel size. Shoot cost me almost 10k to lower my truck. Do what I did and throw a 2jz under the hood, tah dah!

6. yogo

yogo Member

what i a ball joint flip i see some of the members on this site have done this? does it make ur truck lower?

7. joeynational

joeynational Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 2WD
    yup...search for it,there is a thread dedicated to it here

8. kouki240

kouki240 Newbie

hey i too recently lowered my 88 pickup and was curious how you achieved so much drop up front. i flipped the lower ball joints and cranked the torsions pretty far on mine. did you crank them until you could go no further or what?

looks good btw :)

9. 1988 Lo-yota

1988 Lo-yota Member

Truck:
    1988 Toyota pickup
    The bars are not all the way cranked down. I was sitting on the bump stops but shaved those down to 1". This got me a little lower for now. I am waiting for my lower arms, shorter shocks and lower profile tires. I need to get some more money together for that though.

10. neverlowenuff

neverlowenuff Member

Truck:
    85 reg cab
    Lowering help...

OK fellas...I'm lookin for some help on my build. I've never had a mini truck before I always had 4x chevys and fords. I'm looking to get as low as I can without too much cutting and welding. I have lowering shocks in the front of my 85 and cranked to bars down about half way. I have 3 inch blocks in the rear and 2 leafs out including the o\l's and the rear doesn't seem to be low at all. As a matter of fact it still looks stock. I do have 18's on it but they aren't even into the wells yet??? I just don't get it so any advice would be great. I am looking for smaller rims...15s or 16s:shrug:

11. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    how big are your tires? 26"?

I gotta say, once you lower the torsions and pull the leafs with a block, you should get pretty far...

I'm tucking half my 205/75/14's sidewall in the rear with just a mid leaf removal and 3" drop block.

Have you done the BJ flip? good luck!

12. Dgerfan55

Dgerfan55 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 pickup
    Got any pics? Im running stock tires and steelies. 3in blocks and middle leaf pulled in back and just torsions crancked in the front. I tuck tire in front and back. Also do you got any pics of just the one leaf in the back?