Shark Build... slowly but surely

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by 88Sandshark, Sep 6, 2009.

1. S13minus1

S13minus1 Member

Truck:
    86 4WD N/A Auto, 85 Nissan 200SX
    i'd do the gray two tone, but in the reverse of what it is now. it would really make the chrome accents 'pop', but without looking too showy.

any leads on that leak?

2. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Should have kept... '88 4x4 22RE
    Still no idea on the coolant leak... but I know my oil pan's gasket's shot. I'm planning on replacing the engine, either a new 22RE or a 22RTE with an aftermarket turbo...

I'm kinda trying to keep a semi-OE look for it... project wise, this is just very confusing for me, more so now being jobless... we'll see how things go when I get a job.:shrug:

3. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I kind of like mine being "showy" even before the chrome grille, people kept copying everything about my truck out here... even a few lifted 2WDs:looney:(no offense Evolmotorsports)

4. FOKAI

FOKAI Veteran

Truck:
    84 truck, 05 4Runner
  5. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
    link is expired, was it the smittybilt? I'm trying to figure everything out.

This build-up should start picking up slightly soon, I might have gotten a temp job at Big Lots.

6. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I've decided that my build is going to mostly be restoration with a few mods. I might sell this to my mom's boss (really wants it; asks me almost every time I see him) and get a 2WD, I might not. Only time will tell. As of now, I'm saving up my paychecks to fix my front end after the "fuel pump incident."

For those of you who do not know, when my fuel pump died early this year, we had to find a way to get this thing on the driveway (ticketing by streetsweeper here) and unfortunately, I had to loop a tow rope around the front bumper brackets. One good tug from mom's Explorer and the bumper brackets and mounts on the frame shifted to the right. It's all good though... I'll be getting my brackets paid for by them and mount on a chrome bumper to compliment the grille.

7. Sound.Vision.Soul

Sound.Vision.Soul Toyotaholic

Truck:
    93 Pick up I6 Turbo
    Ouch sorry to hear about that little incodent! Personally i think you should keep it... but if your looking to lower something down with future plans to bag..sell it a get a 2wd for sure!

8. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Yeah, because I've been so broke, it's been like that for a long time... after the front end's fixed, I'm going to tackle that coolant leak I found... looks like it's gotten worse.:brickknock: I'm keeping on top of the fluids like nothing else!

9. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Nothing major to add today, but I picked these up, I know they are way too short, but they'll do their jobs, and that's all that really matters.
    Aftermarket mud flaps.jpg
    Trueno 29.jpg
    Aftermarket mud flaps 2.jpg

I'd have gone with OE's but Toyota of Temecula Valley wants $91 for each one. Maybe later I'll talk someone into selling some used ones to me.

Chrome front bumper should be next, no junkyards here had any in good shape, but www.partstrain.com has some for cheap.

10. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
  11. KK082409

KK082409 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88 single cab
    nice find

12. nvrenufedge

nvrenufedge Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bagged '93 std cab
    Nice! I hope you get 'em, you've really wanted those.

13. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Just waiting for dad to come with me to get 'em.

Light bar is definitely coming though, my cousins, one h.s. football player, and the other in the Navy wants to build one for me! Props to Ethan and Aaron Anderson!

Just gotta get the $$$...

14. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Here's the new plan

Blueprints for Project Trueno.jpg
    not as heavy detailing as CinNAMmon's sketches, but when you are bored during your lunch breaks, nothing passes time more than plans

Hopefully I should be meeting with the guy with the bumpers tomorrow

15. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
    It's dying...

I just got back from the mechanic's (a much more reliable one)... my 4x4 is dying... too much internal engine damage... horrible idle speed... oil spray... coolant leak... too much to rebuild... too much to swap now...

I regret saying this... but my build is cancelled

16. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Got my replacement; unfortunately not a truck, or even a Toyota, but I needed something cheap, fuel efficient, and reliable, hence I turned to this 2001 Saturn DOHC that fits my new style; low, fast, and good looking.
    Mach 2_04.jpg
    Rims are definitely on my list of things to get, the steelies aren't like the rest I've seen, so I'll stick with the covers for now.

Eventually, I plan on finding another truck (don't care on body style or drive system) and building it up alongside my new whip, but until then I am going to enjoy this machine. No haters please, remember, the truck's dead (in a spot of honor in the background) and hopefully I can find someone to buy and fix it soon. I DO NOT want it scrapped and I really hope to not part it out.

As my signature says now, I may be driving an American car, but I am still a Toyotaholic. (I even still wear my "Toyota Trail Teams" lanyard and "TRD" hat when I'm too lazy to care about bed head)

AND I BOUGHT IT AT A TOYOTA DEALERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

17. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I know I'm bound to get someone saying it's not fast; but I outran a Mustang GT (who was definitely giving it his all) on a downhill mountain road and my dad kept disappearing behind me in his 4.7L Magnum V8 Ram.

Ortega Hwy is the S***!:headbang:

18. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    Lol we have flat highways!
    Just saw your sketch, it actually looks pretty good! i like the detail on the big tires lol!
    I cant really draw a 4wd truck lifted on some 31-35's or whatever. it ends up being like 40" tires lol