Rusty Panty Dropper!!

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by CREETIN247, Nov 11, 2013.

1. CREETIN247

CREETIN247 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Std
    Just ordered the final parts to finish the front end!! Just couldn't justify putting the old fowl rusted rotors back on with EVERYTHING else being new or cleaned etc. Ordered the C-Tek sport drilled/slotted rotors by Centric along with new brake hoses. Sooooo they should hopefully be here this week and I can get them on this weekend as well as have my calipers painted an anodized purple to match the valve stems and lug nuts!! Which means all that's left is an alignment and I'll be on the F***IN road!!! :clapping:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  2. burquescraper

burquescraper Member

Truck:
    87 xcab 91 rx7 totaled:(
    not sure the offset may be different enough to work without rubbing i was on 95 mustang 5 spokes

3. CREETIN247

CREETIN247 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Std
    Ok gotcha!

4. CREETIN247

CREETIN247 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Std
    Showed up outta nowhere!! :headbang:

Attached Files:

5. burquescraper

burquescraper Member

Truck:
    87 xcab 91 rx7 totaled:(
    very nice!! how much and where? i've been kinda scared since i got the 18's in the rain

6. CREETIN247

CREETIN247 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Std
    I got them from RockAuto they are part #'s 227.44030 L & R. They were around the same $$ if not less then most of just the regular rotors at only $30 + shipping. I also up ended up getting the C-TEK Ceramic Posi-Quite brake pads part # 10302070 for them as well as new hardware and caliper pistons. Still waiting on the new hardware and pistons and pads tho! The next step will be the brake master cylinder and booster upgrade!! :D

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  7. BillyHammerz

BillyHammerz Newbie

Truck:
    86 Single Cab
    any updates on the build

8. CREETIN247

CREETIN247 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Std
    A little bit of progress has been made! Been tryin to move and workin out of a single car garage in my old apartment complex with NO running electricity makes progress SLOOOW!!!! I use to run a extension cord from my apartment to my garage for light but now I'm having to run a spare car battery with a power inverter to power my shop light! IT SUUUCKS!!! But update wise the only things left is to mount the torsion bars, adjust the tie rods slightly, mount the 1ton sway bar and re-shim the upper control arms (forgot to write down the original shim count) :doah: thought my memory was a smidge better then it really is!! (might wanna cut back on the herbs!!) :ROFL: and take it down the road to have it aligned!

Attached Files:

9. CREETIN247

CREETIN247 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Std
    I also painted and re-built the calipers! Pistons, nipples, seals, pins etc!!

Attached Files:

10. nwprpht

nwprpht Member

tell me how the leaf springs are and the c notch works I'm on the same route without those. ballin on a budget also how do the seats fit? bolt in?:confused::D

11. nwprpht

nwprpht Member

also your build is ****in sick ima have to do a write up on my build:waytogo:

12. CREETIN247

CREETIN247 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Std
    The leaf springs were mosdef a super smart but and for the $$ you can't beat it!! Same with the mini c notch. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to get those seats in yet, I have to fab up some new brackets for them and I just haven't had the time! But the late 80's Corolla seats that are in there now are really comfy and are growing on me, soooo :thinking: !!

13. CREETIN247

CREETIN247 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Std
    Thank ya thank ya!! :D

14. CREETIN247

CREETIN247 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Std
    UPDATES!!!!

She saw pavement for the 1st time in 2 years this past weekend!! My lovely GF/navigator and I drove from Columbus OH to Indianapolis IN for Slamology 2015!! So the 1st 3 pics are with the torsion at stock height, which was WAAAAY to low!! "THOSE WORDS WILL NEVER COME OUT OF MY MOUTH AGAIN!!!" No one on town could align it! The LCA's were literally about 1" off the ground, NOT DRIVABLE on main roads and mosdef not highways!!! So I had to raise the torsion a smidge, and I ended up doing the best d**n backyard alignment one could do! :waytogo: The last pic is on the drive home about and hour or so before the alternator went to s**t on me and we got stuck in a monsoon!!

Still To Come:
    Currently working on the interior
    H4 headlight conversion kit from LCE Performance
    Headers - haven't decided on which ones yet tho, leaning towards the LCE Streets
    SpinTech muffler with custom piping
    Weber 38/38 carb kit
    Both front fenders
    Replacing multiple panels on the bed from Alfa Patrs
    Gonna re-enforce the rear pumpkin
    Cutting out and replacing the front tubed cross member cause that's an extra 1"+ of something to get hung up on!!
    A MUTHA F**KIN TRAIN HORN!!
    AND SOOOO MUCH MORE!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  15. CREETIN247

CREETIN247 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Std
    Just a few of my favs from Slamology 2015!! This was our 2nd year going, and 1st year taking the pickup! I'm pretty sure the red International got more lovin then my GF did that weekend!! :love:

Attached Files:

16. atc70

atc70 Newbie

Truck:
    1985 22ret, 1988 4runner
    i live in indy and have never been, but that looks like a good time.