Project LowNloud . . .

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by lownloud, Feb 21, 2008.

1. patriotpop

patriotpop Addict

Truck:
    94 2wd
    I have dibs first!!!!

2. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    Any toyotaminis member is welcome for a ride anytime, no one has ever driven my truck since I first bought it, I think its a me thing " I dunno " !

3. burnzya

burnzya Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux
    you should come down to arizona so i can go for a little drag session

4. grounds671

grounds671 Veteran

Truck:
    1995 pickup std
    I'm first!!! ill get my plane ticket this week:D

5. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    RidN' LOW good - Grinding frame not so good right now, gonna put some pu**y blocks on it the avoid the extreme lows, Ide rather not drag all the work and undercoat off of it . . .

6. burnzya

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux
    ain't nothin wrong with blocks, i seen a mazda drug till the bottom of the frame wasn't more than 1/16 thick, not a cheap repair.

7. Monzter Kuztomz

Monzter Kuztomz Newbie

I did the same thing with the shifter in my 87 Toyota 4x4. It had a body lift on it when I got it so I welded a Hurst shifter to the stock Toyota shifter stub it to make the shifter taller & easier for me to reach. I then pulled the t-case shifter apart & put the upper part of the transmission shifter on the t-case shifter to make it easier to reach, I just used some black silicone to keep them together.

8. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Be-lated update pictures comming Nov. 19th guys - Stay tuned - Hopefully itll snow soon and I can get some with the powder. . .

9. burnzya

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux
    you tease!!!!!!

10. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    * NEW * pictures as promised . . .

Now its my turn to be a picture wh*** . . . Enjoy, lemme know whatcha think . . . Totally a work in progress. . . BUT, a hell of alote more to come in the year ahead . . .[

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
  12. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, thats it for now, I could spend all doing this or building on her, but its so fun to drive and enjoy, next comes paint and cleaning up all the original parts and tidying up the bed operations . . . Ohh, and I know I didnt block the plate, but the custom plate is comming . . . stay tuned for that. . . TTYL from the cold state of Montana . . .

13. Sound.Vision.Soul

Sound.Vision.Soul Toyotaholic

Truck:
    93 Pick up I6 Turbo
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

14. burnzya

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux
    man it was like almost 90 degrees today in hellrizona, whens that body drop coming? maybe while shes on stands for the winter.

15. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    Dude What Valance Is That?!?!?!?!!?!!!?!!

16. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    * * * Thank You for the comments * * *

. . . 90 degrees, you lucky dog, well it was about 45 here today, I consider that a HEAT WAVE, its been dippN' to the mid 20's @ night. . . As for that body drop, Im saving it for you when ya come up - LOL - . . .

. . . The valance is the custom job that was being sold by another toyotaminis member and is a full 2" or so lower than the 4 x 4 valance, in the one picture { where its planted on the ground } I have the back up to plant it, otherwise at full drop it rests almost 2" from ground. Mind you that I have the front stopped from dropping further by keeping the inner fenders intact, with them trimmed or removed itll completely lay out, but until I get to detailing in the spring they are there for now, then - without bodydrop, the valance will lay flat on Mother Earth. Also, the rear valance will almost touch the ground, but I put bumpstops in to prevent { for now } the license plate and rear 4link mounts from grindage because when I first run it, I ruined one plate completely without knowing { my excuse to local po po } - so thats why I installed adjustable bumpstops . . . more to come . . .

D-RULER { toyotaminis.com member I got the valance from }
    showdowncustoms.com { Site reffered from )
    Original T.M. Thread Link http://www.toyotaminis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=771
    " I havent seen him on in awhile, but, got a square deal and very nice quality "!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  17. burnzya

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux
    i hate the heat, i've lived here my whole life and summer always sucks. its only supposed to be in the mid seventies, damn heat wave. i want it to snow so i can go snowboarding, its been like 3 years since last time i got to go. might be a while until i make it to montana, but feel free to bring it down here:D . remember, its nice and warm:rolleyes:

18. Nook

Nook Addict

Your trucks really looking good, nice job. What are you using on the dual battery setup for charging? isolator, switching solenoid? Keep it aired up, add some big ol snow tires and you'll be ready for the Montana snow season "LOL" Keep up the good work and will be waiting for winter garage reports.

19. yotarip

yotarip Veteran

I'd be willing to bet that it's a combination of the original valance molded with a plastic airdam made by Kamei. 2 years ago I bought many Kamei air dams (look just like that with the three openings) made for various toyotas and mazdas from a company in VA named Electrodyne. He had a large stock on new old stock Kamei products including some for the toy pickup. He was selling the airdams for $25 each. I bought and sold 10-15 of them before someone came by the shop and bought the remaining lot. The few I kept are now on my corollas.

20. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    . . . For those who missed my update :D . . .

Hey thanks man. . . I am using a 150 amp h.o. alternator, a 200 amp battery isolator setup from Stinger with 4 gauge wiring and fusing, I used platinum connectors and ANL fusing also from Stinger. I run the trucks basic electrical, the 6 x 9's and components AMP, interior LEDs and head unit off the Red Top Optima and I run the Subwoofer amp and 0 gauge supply wire for the dual DC5000 compressors off the Yellow Top Optima. Great Setup, runs great, no problems, easy install, expensive but O' so worth it. As for the snow tires " I dont think so " :D ! Ole Green's doing that work for me ( FYI Nolan ) received the 20R header and distributer today ) . . .