Project Li'l Truck

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Asha'man, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Asha'man

Asha'man Member

Truck:
    '85 Xtracab 2wd, '86 4Runner
    A couple years ago I got sick of the greenish chrome grille on my 4Runner. Managed to find a perfect black grille in the same style at the junkyard and swapped it in for the chrome. The chrome grille has sat on the side of my parents' house until a few weeks ago, when I rediscovered it and decided to put it on the li'l truck. I cleaned it up, sanded it and painted it with satin black spraypaint. Finally got a chance to mount it today and I must say it improves the look of the truck.

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

My RX330 rims came a couple days ago, so I'll update again as soon as I get the centers bored out and save up for some tires. :)

2. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    deffently helped. now if i can only decide what grill i want..

3. Asha'man

Asha'man Member

Truck:
    '85 Xtracab 2wd, '86 4Runner
    Change of plans! This project is getting shelved and I'm planning on just keeping the truck a stock daily driver/work truck. I just sold my Mustang and am now looking to get into something a little newer and nicer with some genuine performance and style potential, rather than putting a ton of money into what amounts to a 24-year-old pickup truck. Currently looking for a clean Lexus SC300, preferably red on black or black on black, even more preferably with a five-speed (but will manual-swap an auto if I have to). I'll keep my RX rims around to possibly put onto a Lex when I find one, but the truck is staying pretty much stock. Needs Maaco but that's about it. :D

4. 88Sandshark

88Sandshark Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Should have kept... '88 4x4 22RE
    If you are still having high idle issues, check the dashpot out. I believe all carbuerated trucks have that and all fuel injected 22RE's with manual transmission (like mine). My truck's dashpot needs replaced as it it can drive itself in first gear just by me taking my foot off the clutch, however a rev above 3000 after warm up fixes mine, even though throttle bodies and carbs are very different.