Old school !

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by karlkafer08, Jul 29, 2009.

1. karlkafer08

karlkafer08 Member

Truck:
    Current: 1987 Hi Lux 2wd Lowrider, 1984 "frankenstein" 2wd Hi Lux Lowrider (in pieces)
    I finally got to start tearing it apart !!! Take a look at the pics...I got alot of work ahead of me...! The cowl and windshield frame is totally rusted through...not to mention the stodgy collision repair on the front.:waytogo:

Attached Files:

2. bustedknuckles

bustedknuckles Enthusiast

Truck:
    1985 Toyota, 2000 S10 Xtreme
    Looks like you've got a lot of work ahead of you. Keep us posted and good luck.

3. smctoy

smctoy Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 xcab...
    nice project...oh & the best way to post pics is to open an account on www.photobucket.com. that way you can post them in any size you want

4. karlkafer08

karlkafer08 Member

Truck:
    Current: 1987 Hi Lux 2wd Lowrider, 1984 "frankenstein" 2wd Hi Lux Lowrider (in pieces)
    Thanks ...I made a page and put up all the pics I have so far. I was hoping to get the engine out tonight...but my buddy with the engine lift could not make it. Im off of work tommorrow so maybe I can swap some of the flat tires and roll it out of my basement to get the bed off :clapping:

5. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    nice man. what are your initial plans?

you definately have some work ahead but it'll be worth it. good luck :waytogo:

6. karlkafer08

karlkafer08 Member

Truck:
    Well I am going to do 1.5" channel of the body and bed...slap some 4x4 fenders on it...( i might have a tip on a 4x4 longbed that has no rust !! ) ...I would love to have some doors with the wing windows and not worry about patching the one piece window doors I got ! ...I am thinking of painting it bright orange , but I am open to suggestions and setting it on some 17's or 16's ...maybe Grand Cherokee or Mustang wheels ! :runaway:

7. karlkafer08

karlkafer08 Member

Truck:
  8. SD YOTA

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    wow.... that almost came right back with just a wash :lol:

sounds like its gonna be a sick little project truck. you plan to go static or baged/juiced??

9. karlkafer08

karlkafer08 Member

Truck:
    I pulled the bed today and finally got the cab and engine bay clean !! My buddy bailed on me with the hoist and engine stand so I guess I will rent one. I would hate to waste my money on something that I am only just going to use once. ...As far as suspension...I am undecided.. I would love to bag it..but I am new to Western NC and don't know anyone that could help me with the frame mods.... I can handle the body mods in my basement...but cutting into a frame scares me.. LOL :D

10. burnzya

burnzya Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux
    i see engine lifts on craigslist for pretty cheap. maybe pick one up till your done then stick it back on craigslist.

11. SD YOTA

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    yea... sounds like what allot of people do. its cheaper than renting..... especially since using a hoist will also make up for the lack of a couple people around you to help lift heavy things like the bed and cab... :waytogo:

once yer done, stick it on craigs and sell it for what you paid for it..... someone will pick it up.

as for suspension, maybe go static....... its easier and im sure you can handle that and you can see if you like it. if not, you can always go bagged at any point and sell off the parts you dont keep after bagging it. at worst you will spend (AT MOST) i would say 500 bucks static dropping it. :shrug:

12. karlkafer08

karlkafer08 Member

Truck:
    Its already static dropped...its got blocks and the trosions are cranked way down. It is so low that when I had it dropped off at my house via flatbed...that it got stuck on the lip of the tilt bed !...I had to jack it up so that the cross member could clear LOL :D

13. SD YOTA

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    must not have had a very experienced truck driver if he let it get stuck like that :D

here in cali, we were used to low stuff and there are easy methods to allow us to pick up even the lowest clearance sports cars.....

14. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    yeah. like a crane. somebody did that with a dodge that was for some reason in need of a tow. hahaha..

15. karlkafer08

karlkafer08 Member

Truck:
    Im off tommorrow so I plan on getting the engine out of the frame tommorrow afternoon and evening...I think its gonna be hard since I am by myself ...LOL ...I got the bed off with the help of my GF...but damn did she complain ! :evil: