New to the Site.

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by duckyaz, Sep 13, 2008.

1. duckyaz

duckyaz Veteran

someone over at minitruckinweb told me to check this site out and ask you guys what i posted there. i am starting on my first toyota pickup build and will paste exactly what i posted on minitruckin and truckin. thanks in advance for all your input.

Acquired a '92 Extended Cab 2WD Toyota Pickup and I'm going to build it up quite a bit. First build of a newer 2WD and first Toyota. It has a stock V6 and an Auto Tranny. The pickup sits fairly low, so that will remain the same. First to go will be to get rid of the seats in the back and switch out the front bench with 2 buckets with 4 point harnesses. Possibly put a bucket with a four point centered in the back. Keep the sound simple with 2 Audiobahn 10's and some good 6X9s and somethin for those highs and a decent CD player. Get all the body work done on it, throw a roll pan on it and get something like a flat canary yellow sprayed on it. Almost like a primer. Throw some 17s or 18s on it and then to the questions. This will be a daily driver, but it will be a sick ass daily driver. The big question I have is: How hard is it going to be to drop in a 2JZGTTE Twin Turbo and Auto Tranny out of a Supra? What kind of problems will I run into? Will I need to beef up the rear end? I will most likely gear it out to somethin between a 3.90 and 4.10. Is there a better gear ratio or suspension setup I should think about? Would I be better off just stickin a whole new rear end in it? What kind of top speed you think I will get out of it? Might also put a Supra guage cluster in it and Supra emblems on it. What's everybody think about this idea? What should I be concerned about besides speeding tickets?

2. burnzya

burnzya Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux
    welcome to the site, it was me.

3. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    Welcome to toyotaminis . . .

4. duckyaz

duckyaz Veteran

also, does anybody know where i can find a rear sump oil pan for the 2JZGTTE? i was reading on the BIC website that i will need a rear sump oil pan for that kit. thanks. and thanks to burnzya for hookin me up with this site.

5. burnzya

burnzya Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux
  6. patriotpop

patriotpop Addict

Truck:
    94 2wd
    Welcome to Minis!!!!!!

7. duckyaz

duckyaz Veteran

i saw on that military car club site that you won ROTM. nice man. army myself. you're chair force right? lol

8. smctoy

smctoy Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 xcab...
    welcome to the site!

9. bootleg

bootleg Enthusiast

Truck:
    1990 4-speed
    welcome