My Motor Build

Discussion in '1976-1983 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by first80toyota, Aug 9, 2013.

1. yotaman95

yotaman95 Enthusiast

Truck:
    1995 single cab
    Keep up the good work man!

2. first80toyota

first80toyota Addict

Truck:
    '77 Hilux
    Today I brought home some alignment pins for the deck since they were missing.. It helps I have to pull all the pins from the blocks at work, so in my pocket they went:cool:

I also made a trip to the parts store! I bought a headgasket set, oil pan gasket and rear main seal set just so i didnt have to wait for them to order a full gasket set. Doesnt really matter since I have to buy a timing cover, timing set and oil and water pump still, ill get those gaskets with them anyways. I also bought new brake calipers and pads..

This weekend hopefully I can put on my head. I still have to assemble my aluminum rocker arm assembly since the tower pieces that came with the aluminum ones were rusty! thankfully I have 2 more sets of steel ones! One to take apart to use and another to use as reference.:cool:

3. first80toyota

first80toyota Addict

Truck:
    '77 Hilux
    I decided to start assembling stuff last night.. Put my aluminum rockers on a set of steel ones I had, now I need to get new adjusting screws since ones missing and a couple are pretty worn down.
    [​IMG]

I will probably make a run to the junkyard for a front cover since I dont have one, and will probably order the rest of the stuff next weekend. :cool: