My little Yota

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by FiretruckYoda, Mar 14, 2014.

1. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Those wheels look like Cragar soft 8s. You have a good look going on there. Keep it up bro

2. FiretruckYoda

FiretruckYoda Member

Truck:
    '86 reg. cab
    thank you. She still needs a lot of work, but time and money constraints means a little at a time.

3. Owen Branigan

Owen Branigan Newbie

Truck:
    1989 pickup
    FiretruckYoda, I really like the stance you’re rollin with. I just got my mini truck about a month ago, and it looks somewhat similar.

I have 3 inch bell tech lowering blocks on my truck and I love the ride height, I’d even entertain going lower cause I love the look, but the ride quality when hitting any kind of bump is pretty rough, (to the point where the wife refuses to ride with lol) I believe I only have about 1” of travel between bump
    Stops and my rear axle so it’s not good for much lol

Wondering if you (or anyone) hs suggestions regarding improving this. I’ve thought about
    1. replacing my stock struts. But I don’t know what kind would be best for helping keep the stance but helping with stiffening it up to help with not bottoming out
    2. Shaving down my bump stops to give more travel
    3. Upgrading my leaf springs to a set designed for lowering your truck. I’m not really sure how this works though....

Any tips would be great! Like most, I’m on a budget so keep that in mind. I’m not going to do a air suspension for those thinking that already lol
    Thanks again folks.

4. thegreek

thegreek Member

Truck:
    1983 sr5
    Cut the bumpstops... leave only a half an inch