my 84 slow work in progress project

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by esuever, Sep 26, 2012.

1. esuever

esuever Member

Truck:
    84 standard cab
    ah well good thing i taught myself to weld, if i run into that problem guess ill have to reweld em up and paint em with some high heat paint. hopefully wont have to though not much rain out here in the desert. lol its hot but kinda nice i have like no rust on my truck for how old it is lol
    also yeah i wanna see how those look man probably going to be nice.

heres a few things im planning on doing next. new headlights and an hid conversion also going to replace all the old bulbs in my new sr5 cluster with led bulbs. heres what ive picked so far and i may be ordering these up shortly. hopefully they will be somewhat ok and not to cheap

7x6 DIAMOND SQUARE PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS H4 H6054 CONVERSION | eBay

and

50W 55W BI-XENON DIGITAL SLIM DUAL BEAMS H4 HI - Low 4300K HID KIT | eBay

im sure u all know this but for those of u who dont here you go. lol ive decided on the 55 watt balasts + 4300k hid hi/low beam hids for those pricks that dont turn their brights off lul. this setup will give u the brightest possible legal headlights. if u want more color just go up in numbers. the higher u go the more color but less light. if u want crazy color do like 35watt balasts and 15k hid im probably going to do that for my foglights for kicks.

2. Da_Roach

Da_Roach Toyotaholic

Truck:
    (1) 92 RN80 (1) 2002 RZN150
  3. esuever

esuever Member

Truck:
    84 standard cab
    finally got my sr5 cluster in the mail and i put it in. so much better then the stock cluster everything is plug and play all you have to do is buy the oil pressure sending unit for the guage. you can just unplug your oil pressure sender for the time being untill you get one but do not hook up your sr5 cluster with the old stock "idiot light" oil pressure sender plugged in or itl fry your sr5 guage clusters oil pressure guage. it is 50$ at autozone or get lucky and pull it off a 22r/e 4runner or another 22r/e sr5 truck.

think im going to change out the old bulbs and put LED bulbs in the cluster. ill post how it looks when im done.
    [​IMG]

heres a picture of the oil pressure sender u need its right below the oil filter
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  4. esuever

esuever Member

Truck:
    84 standard cab