Lowering Truck Norris

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by SteveWippins, Jan 22, 2024.

1. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Truck looking good.

SteveWippins likes this.
  2. SteveWippins

SteveWippins Enthusiast

Truck:
    1988 base model
    Thanks man!! It's all slowly coming together and I couldn't be happier. The only dilemma I'm having is that every time i do something with it, I can't stop thinking "okay what next?" :lol: I swear it's like an addiction. But at least it's not drugs right?:lol:

3. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Hahah, ummm.. this can get pricier..

4. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Here is a question.. ever thought about restoring the color or repainting?
    I learned this on an old Chevelle, even on sun burned paint, cutting compound then light polish will do wonders on old paint. Paint job = $500-$1k ... Bottle of polish= $10 .. food for thought.

SteveWippins likes this.
  5. SteveWippins

SteveWippins Enthusiast

Truck:
    1988 base model
    The only thing with that is, my dad was priming some wood for work not long ago close to where my truck was parked. It was under a carport, I left it there so it wouldn't be constantly in the sun at my place. Well, he had the wood on some sawhorses close to my truck, which he had a key to, and just primed the wood without moving my truck for whatever reason. He feels like shit about it now so I try not to bring it up too often. Long story short, I can get all of the dents fixed and a new paint job at work for $2k ( as long as the GM approves it) and my dad is willing to pay half because he got white primer all over my hood and the front parts of the fenders.

6. SteveWippins

SteveWippins Enthusiast

Truck:
    1988 base model
    It could get really pricy, REALLY quickly lmao. Really considering buying a front valence from a 92-95 Honda Passport and seeing how that looks under the front bumper. Someone on here did it with the body style after mine (i think) and it seemed pretty cool.

7. SteveWippins

SteveWippins Enthusiast

Truck:
    1988 base model
  8. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    That valance looks like it'll be fine dimension wise and probably uses the same 1156 turn signal sockets a bit roundish tho.. try it!

9. SteveWippins

SteveWippins Enthusiast

Truck:
    1988 base model
    I think I'll order one for the hell of it, I have a feeling I'll end up liking it. Also thinking about ripping out the vinyl flooring and putting in some pre-molded carpet. I feel like I could do a dark grey, black, or maybe even a blue considering I have the Blue MR2 seats now.

Erwin Merida likes this.
  10. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    That's the spirit!

Food for thought.. when you do decide to re carpet the cab, invest in sound proofing mats like killmat or equivalent. Best mod you'll make to your cab! I agree, i would try to match something to go with the seats..

11. SteveWippins

SteveWippins Enthusiast

Truck:
    1988 base model
    the rest of the interior is grey, I feel like blue and grey go together well enough. Then again, black carpet would go with both of those pretty well too. Someone told me I should 1UZ swap it, and that sounds awesome but I don't have the money for everything I'd need. Plus, me and this 22r have been through so much shit together the past 13 years I would really miss it. Halfway considering a different muffler because while I like how quiet the truck is, I also hate it at the same time.

12. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Yea that swap is always a great route.. it's best to aquire a donor vehicle if your going to use OEM harness.. you need the key immobilizer from the dash/steering column to operate the ECU in order to turn engine on..

13. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Check out @yotarip you'll like his build.

SteveWippins likes this.
  14. SteveWippins

SteveWippins Enthusiast

Truck:
    1988 base model
    Thanks bro! I'm secretly hoping someone will talk me out of it :lol: I'm at the point where I'm really loving this thing again, and I don't wanna let it sit for a long ass time while the swap is being done. Maybe I'll look into some exhaust for now, keep my eye out for a donor car, and then slowly gather all the necessary parts for a swap. I've already registered the truck for Cruisin the Coast this year, and even though that's not until October, I don't wanna risk it not being reliable and road worthy for that. Thought about LCE headers, but the price almost made me spit out my beer lmao. I know their headers and exhaust sound awesome but I can't see spending over $1100 to make it sound better. Any thoughts/recommendations?

Erwin Merida likes this.
  15. SteveWippins

SteveWippins Enthusiast

Truck:
    1988 base model
    Erwin Merida likes this.
  16. SteveWippins

SteveWippins Enthusiast

Truck:
    1988 base model
    Hood open because my battery is dead. Damn brake light switch is getting stuck.

17. Justin Danger

Justin Danger Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1986 Toyota Xtra cab SR5 Turbo 22rte
    Sweet steering wheel! What adapter did you use to get a 6 bold wheel on? Is it solid or did you go quick release?

SteveWippins likes this.
  18. SteveWippins

SteveWippins Enthusiast

Truck:
    1988 base model
    check near the bottom of page 3 on this thread. It's a quick release, i listed the part number for the adapter i used. I had a quick release in my 04 Accord(which i sold yesterday) and i used the half of that quick release that bolts onto the steering wheel itself along with the part number i listed on page 3 to make a quick release. So if you don't already have a NRG quick release, you would need to purchase one along with the part i listed.