heres my story

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by JOE_1985, Feb 27, 2009.

1. alfredo88

alfredo88 Member

2. JOE_1985

JOE_1985 Veteran

Truck:
    87 custom
    so i got the interior mostly how i want it after getting the truck with bare floor, ****ty seats and 1 working speaker.

i now need for the interior:

armrest cover for my sr5 console (35 shipped from england) and mod the storage space cause mine is broken.
    6x9 spacer adapters (i got long legs and probally wont run a sub so im just going to run amped 6x9s)
    a real billard 8ball shift knob
    white led lights to light up the floorboard area
    tint
    white or blue leds for the cluster
    guages (oil pressure dont work right, temp is randomly goofy)
    better headunit

and ill be happy with the interior

3. delux68

delux68 Member

Truck:
    87 pickup
    maybe try a Kenwood KSC-SW10 or SoundStream USB-8A powered sub, they are about 3.5"x9"x14" i was just looking at them and they would be a great fit for these small trucks.

4. alfredo88

alfredo88 Member

Take a look at the bazooka bta6100. Amazon has them. 6" 100w great sound and you can put your seat all the way back without touching it. I'll post pics of my install on my build page when I get home today. I can't stress how good this little sub sounds

5. scrub88

scrub88 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 toy short bed
    I have the bazooka 6,1/2 tube I was amazed that it could hit like it does I still have the bench seat fits nice behind passenger side + I'm 6'1

6. delux68

delux68 Member

Truck:
    87 pickup
    i meant to add the bazooka too, i started looking at it and then found the kenwood and soundstream which take up even less space, they could even go under the seat.

7. flacostaco

flacostaco Toyotaholic

Truck:
    87 pickup
    im intrested in those pix i like the sub bass but hate that other subs take up so much room :brickknock:

8. JOE_1985

JOE_1985 Veteran

Truck:
    87 custom
    headgasket blew, guess ill have something to do after i get my 240sx back on the road thursday

9. JOE_1985

JOE_1985 Veteran

Truck:
    87 custom
    It's been awhile. I'm not throwing in the towel yet

So new plan.

Picked up a 89 22re outta a wrecked truck, well a 22x cause I saved 100 on the engine by letting the guy keep all the manifolds, compressor, dizzy and alt due to I have boxes of spares of all that not including the engine on the truck.:p

Gonna use some bits off my bhg motor, EB 270/430 cam, timing chain kit and cover that have less than 10k on em.

Install trans cooler
    Get my weber rebuilt by national carburator here, I have a spare weber with a mechanical choke but no idea what shape it's in that ill try to use temporarily.

Do the motor up and bits in a copper color/black theam. I may do my 16x8s the same.

Replace the driver fender, I should be picking up one here shortly.

Install aftermarket oil pressure and volt meter of which both don't work in my truck and I've narrowed it down to the faulty sr5 cluster I have

Goal is to have it dailyable by June, which is a month before I need it to move so ill have time to fine tune it.

I picked up a reg cab shallow mount ranger truck box for a single 10 and I'm getting a amp for free I already wired it up for a sub when I did the interior install.

Charge the a/c and hope it still works

If everything works as planned i should have it mobile in 2-3 weeks.