Hello from Eugene Oregon

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TMANA, Dec 20, 2023.

?

Keep the step side bed or find original bed?

1. keep it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. find orignal

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. TMANA

TMANA Newbie

Truck:
    1977 Toyota Pick-up
    Hello everyone,
    Name is Trevor and just picked up a 1977 Toyota pick-up. It is gonna be my daily driver for a bit since my other truck is a 19 Tundra and loves gas so much. But definitely plan on building to make it my own. I dont have much mechanical experience but the few things I have done I usually figure it out or get someone who can.

Less about me more about the truck....

It has a aftermarket step-side bed on it. not to sure about where its from or if they were specifically made for toyotas. I've seen 1 or 2 others with similar beds and I kinda dig it. The only thing I'd like to do is customize the tail gate to have the original tail gate cut down to fit the bed. (Im hoping it would fit). The kid I bought it off said the motor was rebuilt and he was unsure on the miles and the title had no miles on it either. So for piece of mind, I was wondering should I just rebuild it or at least take it apart?

The seats seem to be taken from a backseat of an SUV but they work for now. and the floor has been replaced with garage mats, Also will work for now.

Most recent. Because I dont know what I am doing and it was more of a safety thing, I have a mechanic shop switching out the rack and pinion and joints in the steering column. it as all over the road. I'd like to eventually switch over to power steering if anyone has done that or knows how to do it.

Other than that, I am at the very beginning of this journey and I am open to comments, suggestions/recommendations.

Also, I am switching those rims out they are way to big and rub the bed in the back. Picture by Mac Court.jpg engine bay.jpg back.jpg inside.jpg

Perkolator likes this.
  2. RetirementToy

RetirementToy Member

Truck:
    1988 Toyota Extra Cab 2WD
    Welcome aboard

I not a newbie, TRUCK ACTION is my user name, can't get loged back on with it!

TMANA likes this.
  3. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Welcome! Cool truck! Last time I new of Toyota fitting these with side step beds was with the wolverine models!!

TMANA likes this.