Formerly: Clutch System Lovin'

Discussion in '1976-1983 Pickup Discussion' started by 83pickup, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Niiiiiice!

83pickup likes this.
  2. 83pickup

83pickup Enthusiast

Truck:
    1983 22R Long Bed 5-Speed
    Very curious what she'll look like now, albeit missing the original hood, maybe some other bits but we'll just have to wait and see...

3. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    She'll be alright. Color matching will be tricky since the rest of the paint is much older..

4. 83pickup

83pickup Enthusiast

Truck:
    1983 22R Long Bed 5-Speed
    Alright, now that I've gotten my truck back, I'm real pleased that she's alright now! Seems just some cleaning up since they must've left the windows open when it was raining these past weeks, yay... :duh: But that's a minor thing. As for the mechanical/integrity bits, still drives as straight as it always has. Of course, the one good original bezel and new 4WD grille kinda looks off but hey, it'll do for now. I'll have to check the alignment of the lights once it gets dark since I'm fairly sure the mounting points of the buckets got warped initially.

Erwin, the paint job looks alright, better than having no paint for sure. Maybe in some photos I'll upload you can be the judge on that.

I would like to address the cooling fan as it seems to be warped and might be the cause of a vibration, will research that in a bit. As for now, all seems mechanically sound and as a treat I lubed up some greaseable joints on the upper and lower arms; found out one was bad since the boot must be torn and pushed all the old grease out and onto my sleeve. I do like those greaseable joints though, thanks P.O.! :waytogo: That'll be another job to do for new joints. Anywho, I'll take some photos tomorrow got occupied earlier.