First mini truck build

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Silver Bomber, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Silver Bomber

Silver Bomber Newbie

Truck:
    1992 toyota pickup
    Well me and a buddy got some work done today. Got all the new bushing and 3 inch blocks in the rear installed. Its way stiffer in the rear now and I havent even taken off the cheap rear shocks and replaced them with a better one. 20160902_220439.jpeg 20160902_220457.jpeg 20160902_220509.jpeg

Orlando Muniz likes this.
  2. Silver Bomber

Silver Bomber Newbie

Truck:
    1992 toyota pickup
    Forgot to mention that I burned out the old pressed in bushing then use a cold steel chisel to get the metal sleeve out. and the new shackle bushing are kinda a pain to get back on. had to use a old bottle jack and steel bar against the frame to get them to press in. 20160902_183511.jpeg 20160902_220734.jpeg 20160902_220748.jpeg

jblaust likes this.
  3. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    nice! wasnt too bad.... do i see a SAS on the ground there?

4. Silver Bomber

Silver Bomber Newbie

Truck:
    1992 toyota pickup
    Ya my buddy live next door to me and that's in his garage. Lol me and him just put in his new dual tr answer cases with a triple stick ;)

5. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    That's awesome, keep me post on how the other bushing are going... I just look at my upper control arm bushings and they look great for a truck with 225k...

6. Silver Bomber

Silver Bomber Newbie

Truck:
    1992 toyota pickup
    Lol then I would leave them cause so far it has been a pain in the ass. The upper control arms are the biggest pain to get out of the truck. But hey maybe after I'm all done I'll tell you that it's all worth it. And shit man if tour wanting to do it do it now when tour motor is out. You can get to your contorl arms alot easy then.

7. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    oh yea i know, and that's why i was deciding whether to do so or not. I might thou since im right there and not have to worry about it in the future.

8. Owen Branigan

Owen Branigan Newbie

Truck:
    1989 pickup
    Silver bomber,
    truck looks good! I’m trying to figure out what I should do next for ride quality and suspension upgardes. I have 3 inch blocks on my rear end as well.
    I’m tryinf to figure out the next things I should do. Upgraded leaf springs? Performance shocks? New bushings?
    Anything regarding brands preferred as well as WHAT the upgrade actually accomplishes, (better ride comfort, stiffer handling or lower stance) I would greatly appreciate it!

9. Richard

Richard Newbie

Truck:
    89 2wd
    Are you doing your upper control arm bushings? I'm doing, well actually I haven't made any progress since I got the arms out, mine and I'm stymied. I can't figure out how to get my bushings out. I have to leave the outer sleeves in and I'm about to just set fire to the damn things.

For the lower control arm bushings I was able to press them out and I blew a propane torch through the sleeve. After a couple of minutes I dropped a 1/2" drive 6" extension through the hole and pulled it through. The bushing slid right off. I didn't have to actually burn the bushing.

That spoiler looks good, how did you make it?