Finally my build

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by DionTDE, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Dgerfan55

Dgerfan55 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 pickup
    If you custom make one cause i dont think theres a lexus emblem that will fit it

2. DionTDE

DionTDE Addict

Truck:
    93 single cab 2wd
    Yeah I can always make a customer emblem.

3. DionTDE

DionTDE Addict

Truck:
    93 single cab 2wd
    I put my 4 inch angled drop blocks on but still have 3 to 4 inches to the frame. I will show you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you all think i should pull the middle leaf? I feel like i have a great distance to the frame for some reason. Now the front in on jack stands but i think that would put more pressure on the leafs. Do you think i should still pull the middle?

4. tuckintaco93

tuckintaco93 Member

Truck:
    1993 taco
    are you sure the shocks are not bottomed out and not leting it settle more

5. 94toy22re

94toy22re Newbie

I'm sorry but i cant stand it when people put Lexus emblems on a Toyota or Cadillac on a gmc/chevy truck or civics with Acura badges. :shrug:

6. DionTDE

DionTDE Addict

Truck:
    93 single cab 2wd
    I think it is settled because i bounced on the back a few times trying to get it to settle but it did not change anything. I figured i would put the drop spindles on and do the BJ flip them see what happens on the back end.

Sorry for the Lexus emblem, It is not on and i havent decided if i am even going to put it on. That was just a mock up. the toyota emblem was haggard so it needs to be replaced. I do like the look of it though and it is a custom thing, to each there own. By the way toyota owns Lexus so it doesnt bother me much. The bad thing is i am rocking nissan rims so... you know. Haha havent decided though.

7. 94toy22re

94toy22re Newbie

Toyota owns parts of Subaru and Yamaha you could try those logos to then. I used to have a is300 and a friend bought me a altezza grill and all of the emblems, i turned around a sold them on ebay the fowling week.

8. EFnetOper

EFnetOper Veteran

Truck:
    94 2wd Pickup
    His shock travel shouldn't have changed at all, all he has is a 4" block.

9. lowest93

lowest93 Enthusiast

Truck:
    93 toyota standard cab
    drop leafs, you will be where you want in height like (mac rib)

10. planemos

planemos Toyotaholic

Truck:
    92 2wd Xtra-Cab,98 2wd Xtra-Cab, 1988 Toyota Supra turbo
    You can't mention all of those without also suggesting de arching the leaf springs. It stiffens the ride, you lose payload, and lowers as much as you want. I got a leaf spring shop to do mine it didn't cost much all you really need to do is put a torch to your springs and jump on the back with some friends.

11. lionsftb52

lionsftb52 Member

Truck:
    1994 toyota pickup
    hey loving the interior dash work!! i was wondering if you can point me in the right direction as to how i would remove all the dash, what types of sand paper you used and paint, and how much would i need to sand? thank you!!!!

12. eurofreak2002

eurofreak2002 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    80 STD SR5 LB, bagged! The new whip!
    Dion dont be sorry for having an idea. Some people will like it some wont but the only person who should really care is yourself. Im doing stuff to my truck that most people who'd be like man thats horrible but I tell them to bounce cause its not their truck. I got a few ideas for front ends that might blow your mind, if your down for more suggestions. One is a lexus front one is a BMW front. Also if you've read numerous issues of mini truckin and other truck magazines there have been quite a few COVER trucks with a mixture of different branded parts like mixing nissan cab on toyota frame, lexus front on a mazda, EVERYONE does Caddy conversions both front and back and they use the emblems. :waytogo:

13. TRiCKi

TRiCKi Member

Truck:
    89 deluxe
    ^^+1 i like the lexus emblem

14. eurofreak2002

eurofreak2002 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    80 STD SR5 LB, bagged! The new whip!
    Yah plus as far as tuners go most people want to do the whole JDM thing so if you see a acura wtih a honda emblem guess what thats how it is in Japan. My Integra Type R had honda emblems on them thats the way it was shipped to me from Osaka. Build your truck the way you want to. Constructive feedback and opinions are great but never be sorry for something you thought of.

15. DionTDE

DionTDE Addict

Truck:
    93 single cab 2wd
    Thanks Euro, I will probably rock the Lexus emblem because I do think it is cool and looks much better then the toyota one I have. I do wanna hear your ideas of the BMW front end. I have always thought the BMW front end would look sweet. The IS300 also sounds pretty interesting.

I need to drop my front end still but I have never pulled the bearings and all those goodies so I am a little nervous I will mess it up. Should I just tear into it and see what happens?

I love this truck and got the idea from him. I would like to eventually graft a grill into the front like this at some point.

[​IMG]

16. EFnetOper

EFnetOper Veteran

Truck:
    94 2wd Pickup
    When I was in clubs in the 90s there was a member with a 89-95 Toyota with a BMW front end. I am sure its not the only one either. So it's def been done.

17. DionTDE

DionTDE Addict

Truck:
    93 single cab 2wd
    TO pull the dash apart you need to remove the steering column pieces by taking out the screws on the bottom, remove the front clip that surrounds the gauges, stereo, heat knobs, and a few other things. You will need to disconnect all the wire connectors. Once that is off you can find a few screws holding the rest of the main dash, some of the air vents, and the glove box. There is a couple bigger screws in the back holding the main dash still in and the rest should be held in with clips.

Once the dash is apart I would start on the main dash and finish it quick and put it back in shortly after you have taken it apart to avoid forgetting how you took it out.

What I did to sand: I started at 100 grit with an orbital sander to get the bigger areas and the the corners and hard to reach spots by hand. Then do the same thing while stepping up to higher grits. I eventually wet sanded at 400 and 600 and even up to 800 and 1000 in some cases. Be sure to use so primer then went sand again then paint black and clear coat. I found some good interior paint for the local paint shop that worked out pretty good but it was a little expensive.

It was quite time consuming but it was worth it too me. i really liked the smoothed dash. This is the look I was shooting for but add my own little touches that screams "DION"

[​IMG]

I do have some interior pieces that I have having made by my loving grandma that I am excited to show off.

18. tuckintaco93

tuckintaco93 Member

Truck:
    1993 taco
  19. DionTDE

DionTDE Addict

Truck:
    93 single cab 2wd
    Those are pretty sick. The BMW needs a bumper though. haha

20. lionsftb52

lionsftb52 Member

Truck: