Complete air ride kits?

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by Beard, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Beard

Beard Member

I am in the market for a complete air ride suspension kit with 4 link for the rear. Trying to tuck 20's and possibly lay frame.

I have looked and seen a lot of options but I know nobody with any real experience with them.

What kit is the best?
    What company has the most options?
    Is there something in particular to stay away from?
    What kit would YOU go with?

For reference, the truck I am building is a 1UZ-FE swapped 94 standard cab short bed.

(yes, I will post up pictures when I start to build. Just gathering parts for it at the moment)

2. Rcksqrl

Rcksqrl Enthusiast

Truck:
    '85 4Krawler, '67 Stout
    Just like lift kits complete kits are just that. Complete for how the manufacture feels is easiest, or cheapest...
    If you have the skills and equipment it is typically cheaper (but not easier) to do it yourself. Plus you can have it how YOU want. Most people and in my experience as well have found yeah te kits work but require modification to make it how you want it... Just my .02

3. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
    1994 Standard cab 22re 5 spd
    I'd piece a kit together. I found a place that had a complete front/back air setup for 670. And almost did it. Figured I'd just upgrade when I had time. But a few ppl told me its best to piece the kit together here and there.. I bought twin viair 400c And 4 air lift bags for 479. SMC valves 8 of them for 214. See what in saying? I'm right at 670 or so and I got good stuff. Versus the kit I mentioned only came with 1 viair 380. And 4 valves. Search around. Look up fx customs on eBay...

4. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Plan out what you want & shop around !!
    I did it this way & brought from almost all the big shops around:
    Gravity-Werx ( new owners new name now)
    Suicide Doors( again new name now)
    CanDo (just changed name & owner)
    AirLift
    AirRideTec
    Plan & draw out what you want,do the home work & find out what works best for you truck!!!
    DO IT ONCE & DO IT RIGHT!!:cool:

5. Rcksqrl

Rcksqrl Enthusiast

Truck:
    '85 4Krawler, '67 Stout
    Well said sir!

6. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    I actually bought a kit from someone brand new. I think it was from gravity-werx. Sometimes if you shop around you can get a complete kit an just add the link an brackets. Some ppl like piecing it together only bad part about tht fittings can get really expensive and sometimes you can find some good kits. Id stay away from airbagit.com/chassistech cheap parts most of them are knock offs of other companies like viair slam specialties an now accuair

7. AGUILAR3

AGUILAR3 Veteran

8. TRUCK ACTION

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Body Drops truck is very bad ass & very clean & the AccuAir system is one of the best.
    I planed on using it as it uses pressure sensors & height sensors, but the price was around $1,500. I went with Air Lifts Auto Pilot, uses only pressure senors so one less item to work into the suspension set up & was around $700.
    I had to lengthen all the wires to reach from the cab rear wall ( where the ECU is) to the manifolds under the cab doors @ the frame & @ the frame in the rear. I added in plug connectors so can disconnect if the ECU has to be changed! It@ most times keeps the truck within a 1/4'' of it's presets. It works pretty well,the senors can & are effected by air temperature, so will adjust the height @ times & lately the preset ride height doesn't set the truck right so just reset it! Had this system in place for around 6 years now!!:cool:

9. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    Accuair is a great setup my buddy has it on his Bodied taco. If I could afford it I would run it aswell.

10. Beard

Beard Member

I have been looking at the accuair systems. They look pretty much bolt on and complete.

I don't know about body dropping the truck. It may be something I will look into later, or if it is easy enough, I will do it all then.

11. 93_Toy_Mini

93_Toy_Mini Addict

Truck:
    93 Reg Cab Pickup
    Cando is now KBS Fabrication, It is now owned by the head fabricator, Terry. The same crew is still there, just Steve moved on (check my white-up below about that). Terry has been doing most of the parts for the last four years anyway, so no change there. Great guys, I met them all back in '11. I just recently ordered all stuff from them. Front arms, front bag mounts, trans mount, cantilever 4 link kit (complete rear kit) and they even ordered my AccuAir kit at a discount, awesome!! I am definitely going back to them for the rest. Check them out...

KBS Fabrication Video

KBS Facebook Page

12. Beard

Beard Member

I have decided to go with the AccuAir setup. It seems very well thought out and versatile/strong enough to handle a little HP and a rear end swap with ease. I really like the height control system.

13. TRUCK ACTION

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    AccuAir is just the control,think there have tanks & valves, in less they are selling link bars also!
    And than there's,tabs,& welding,not a lot of bolt on stuff out there !!
    Do a lot of research:cool:!!

14. 93_Toy_Mini

93_Toy_Mini Addict

Truck:
    93 Reg Cab Pickup
    AccuAir has complete air suspension management systems or you can buy individual components. This is the system I bought.

[​IMG]

15. Loliffe

Loliffe Newbie

Truck:
    92 reg.cab