Cody's Driver

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by CrazyCody93, Jun 11, 2012.

1. CrazyCody93

CrazyCody93 Enthusiast

Truck:
    84 Sr5 Xtra cab
    sounds good, How do you like your w50?

2. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Couldn't tell ya, I pulled the W50 out when I was building the truck in favor for a W58. :lol:

The W50 is in my nephew's 84 x cab, he seems to like the ratios but said that 5th isn't much of an overdrive.

3. CrazyCody93

CrazyCody93 Enthusiast

Truck:
    84 Sr5 Xtra cab
    Well unfortunately there's never a w58 around here for a decent priece, otherwise i would grab the same. Plus this w50 im getting for only $100

4. guahan671

guahan671 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Toyota (sold)
    I really like what you've done with your interior! It looks really good!!! What did you do with ur SR5 Turbo rims?

5. pig rig

pig rig Enthusiast

your stereo will sound better once you get your window rubber in :)

hey I have those massurements handy I'll try and wright them up so you can understand them

for the rear this is what I came up with
    from out side of drum at wheel mounting surface to outer wheel well lip is 4 1/2" and to the inside of wheel well is 7"

and for the front
    from wheel mounting surface to outer wheel well is 3 1/2" and to inter fenderwell is 6" remember I'm running 4wd front fenders

you may want to check yours just to be safe

6. CrazyCody93

CrazyCody93 Enthusiast

Truck:
    84 Sr5 Xtra cab
    Thanks Guahan! I actually sold them to another member on the board!

Thanks for those measurements pig rig, i'll make sure whatever i'm putting under it will clear

But for an update, Yesterday i was actually on the drive home from picking up my tranny, and i had a brake lock up at 40! quite a nerve racking experience. It dropped on its right side as it bang'd really hard, and pulled to the right, so i pulled off to a side street, while it felt like the truck didnt want to move, did some inspecting, when i went to move it again, it still felt like it was being held, once a backed up, id knocked back, and all of a sudden it was fine. so i limped it home, and noticed that the drivers front brake was really hot.

So i called my local mechanic, explained the story, and i'm going to drop it off to him today so he can take a look and see what's going on with it

7. CrazyCody93

CrazyCody93 Enthusiast

Truck:
    84 Sr5 Xtra cab
    Well, i feel like i should update mine too, picked up some new wheels and skids,

[​IMG]
    Untitled by CrazyCody93, on Flickr

It's an 18x9.75 And i really really like them, next up, I'm going to pickup an Acuuair eLevel, and lay it out

I also think i'm going to switch to the 88 one piece bumper, and plastidip it a gunmetal grey to match my wheels

8. beyondspexj

beyondspexj Addict

Truck:
    85 Pickup
    bumper idea is on point. would tie it all in together.

accuair elevel is the way to go! very nice setup. chopped it up with the main guys from accuair at sema last year and we have installed their system on a buddies VIP q45.

wheels look good as well. buddy of mine rocked those on his evo for a while.

9. CrazyCody93

CrazyCody93 Enthusiast

Truck:
    84 Sr5 Xtra cab
    Well I'm digging this thread out of the grave. After receiving my taxes I decided to buy everything I need to bag the truck. Since my last post I determined the wheels wouldn't work to lay this old girl out. So I have a new set on the way, over the last summer I've collected some pretty solid parts through show raffles and good deals, like a switch box, an air zenith OB1 that I will rebuild, I got slam specialties re6s for Christmas, and after my alternator died, I ordered a gm unit and conversion bracket to mount it. I'm on my phone right now, but I'll get some pictures together and update this thread a little more often on how this project goes. I plan on doing a wishbone 3 link for the rear so I can keep the stock gas tank

10. suicidedyota

suicidedyota Member

Truck:
    89 bagged yota
    Love the paint on this. its close to what I wanna do.

11. CrazyCody93

CrazyCody93 Enthusiast

Truck:
    84 Sr5 Xtra cab
    Well thanks man! i really appreciate it. Once i get the rest of the truck finished (engine, interior, and suspension) my plan after that is to give it some new color, i've got some ideas, but until the time comes, nothing is set in stone! I wouldn't be changing it had we not had paint issues while painting, they're starting to bite us in the ass

12. CrazyCody93

CrazyCody93 Enthusiast

Truck:
    84 Sr5 Xtra cab
    Well today i took my lunch break at work to head down to a fellow club members shop and i picked up some more parts for the truck

[​IMG]

Not all of its new, but on a small budget i'll take anything functional! Other then this and the parts currently in the mail, i only need the brass fittings, and airline to put this truck on it's rails. I'll keep pictures coming as parts arrive in the mail ;)

13. CrazyCody93

CrazyCody93 Enthusiast

Truck:
    84 Sr5 Xtra cab
    Got some more parts in the mail! A few days ago my drop spindles showed up along with my new control arm bushings, Also had my Air zenith rebuild kit and new battery terminals show up! I'm adding a couple batteries in the back for 2 reasons, The compressors electrical demand isn't huge, but these will help drastically, as well as I plan on more then doubling the electrical demand from the stereo, which the factory alternator already can't hold the way it's setup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I ordered Chassis tech spindles, and saved myself almost $100 instead of getting the beltech ones, but after looking at these in person, i can see where the other money would probably go. At least i would hope, i haven't seen beltech spindles in person. Some of the machining surfaces aren't very smooth, and you can see spots where it was barely machined in a spot just for clearance, kinda like the back face agains the lower balljoint. But the spindle shaft looks pretty nice. and it won't be visible, and im going to paint them with zero rust, so it will be flat black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm going to pickup an adapter to go between the Accuair vu4 manifold and an AVS arc7 switchbox today before work, and my wheels should be here on Friday, Once i have all the parts here, I just have to help my brother get his car done so i can put my truck in the garage to get the truck cut up, and use his current driver, to have this ready for the summer.

14. CrazyCody93

CrazyCody93 Enthusiast

Truck:
    84 Sr5 Xtra cab
    Went and picked up some more parts over the last couple days! Yesterday i picked up Yesterday i got the hardware for he new battery terminals from ACE hardware, i got some brass bolts to bolt on the terminals. I also got the Harness adapter to plug into my Accuair VU4 manifold, and plug directly into the ARC-7 switchbox i won at a raffle. And today i picked up my set of Slam RE-6s for the truck!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would also like to add, I'm starting to get a nice pile of parts!

[​IMG]

15. CrazyCody93

CrazyCody93 Enthusiast

Truck:
    84 Sr5 Xtra cab
    Well, i got a GM alternator conversion bracket in the mail today

[​IMG]
    I also started pulling apart the compressor for the rebuild kit. And its pretty straight foreword how it works. After i got the cylinder off i saw some debris and dirt in the crankcase so i went ahead and pulled the side of the crankcase off as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also found the reason why it quit building pressure, the guy i got it from said it was probably because they ran it without a air filter, and when i had just pulled the head off a while ago, the cylinder was pretty scored and i figured that was it. But its simpler then i thought.

[​IMG]

My wheels also showed up in the mail, and i'll have those later this evening.

But i have been offered a 2jz for $200, and i think i'm going to jump on it....

16. CrazyCody93

CrazyCody93 Enthusiast

Truck:
    84 Sr5 Xtra cab
    [​IMG]

Well i jumped on it... Here is my 2jz with a w55 it has some parts i wont need, but some others it will. It will take some time before i'm ready to drop it in my truck, but this has been the dream for my truck ever since i got it