Beyondspexj's 85 Build

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by beyondspexj, Feb 7, 2013.

1. WinksYota

WinksYota Enthusiast

Truck:
    1993 yoter single cab
    Yeah IMO lowered level then using a fatter tire to A fill up your wheel gap B gain some ride height and C better traction.... just my opinion...

I remember when I did my 510's people would run 50's all around... not only did the ass drag but the wheel gap ugggh... my cars always have the bitchen stance and right tire combo... that's why I'm getting so fusterated with my yoter lol but either way looking good man I dig them wheels!!!! If you ever part with em let me know

2. beyondspexj

beyondspexj Addict

Truck:
    85 Pickup
    haha yea i keep hearing that about these wheels!

i really would like to build a 500-600hp 7mgte and swap it in but ive already got one quick truck and thinking i should just stick with the 22r and at the nitrous for a little more fun when needed. either or would be fun and id finally tear into a long block and build it from oil pan up. (besides machining which i would out source)

3. beyondspexj

beyondspexj Addict

Truck:
    85 Pickup
    went to install chrome door handles and snapped the little plastic clips that go onto the rods. now i need to find out where the hell i can get new ones from.

4. beyondspexj

beyondspexj Addict

Truck:
    85 Pickup
    zipties are a god send. that is all, lol. :bowdown:

5. beyondspexj

beyondspexj Addict

Truck:
    85 Pickup
    well the gears werent going to work out, since the base model trucks have an 8 inch rear and the ifs of the 4 runner was only a 7.5 inch. oh well, moved on and when to one of my bro inlaws house to setup his gs400. added coilovers and 19x11 / 19x10 wheels, rolled/flared the fenders and adjusted the right height right where we wanted it. after that late night fun, realized it was 340am, got gas and rode on to the house.

[​IMG]

then had made my mind up on the way home that id flip the ball joints without the spacers to see where the inch would land me.

[​IMG]

early this morning she went up in the air, cleaned off all the years of crud and gunk along with a blast of wd40. flipped the balljoints without the spacers and it came out pretty good. think i will redo it soon with the spacers after i get the fenders rolled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. TDS909

TDS909 Veteran

Truck:
    1992 st cab
    look's good:cool:

7. TDS909

TDS909 Veteran

Truck:
    1992 st cab
    any picture's of the gs400?

8. WinksYota

WinksYota Enthusiast

Truck:
    1993 yoter single cab
    Lookin killer man!!!

9. beyondspexj

beyondspexj Addict

Truck:
    85 Pickup
    Here is one, think I have another one on my phone too..

Attached Files:

10. beyondspexj

beyondspexj Addict

Truck:
    85 Pickup
    That one was resized for the stupid IG update. Here is one more.

Attached Files:

11. beyondspexj

beyondspexj Addict

Truck:
    85 Pickup
    The other week I took the head off the truck. It was running rough one nite and pissed me off quite a bit. Good thing I did also. Exhaust valve on the #1 cylinder was done for. Cracked and folded over. Just dropped it off to e machine shop earlier this afternoon. Water passages also gotta get welded and reshaped. Should get a call back mon/tues on a final price after getting the head cleaned and seats checked.

12. scrub88

scrub88 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 toy short bed
    They gonna quote u a price to fix it before they do the work .. Sounds legit .. Truck looks good I rocked those same tires for a while got some serious miles outta them even with a lot of camber they held up.. Good time to add a small cam in the mix while the heads off . Hehe

13. beyondspexj

beyondspexj Addict

Truck:
    85 Pickup
    Yea ive seen the work these guys do first hand. From daily drivers to 8 second drag cars. And after speaking with the owner, i felt even better dropping the head off to him. he has built a few 22r's for dirt and oval track racing. You could almost see him reliving his youth thinking about the setups hes built.

def am looking into throwing in a nice street cam ( probably the lce street performer ) for now. if i decide to get crazy later, this dude has a few tricks up his sleeve.

14. beyondspexj

beyondspexj Addict

Truck:
    85 Pickup
    while the head was off i took my valve cover down to my wifes uncle's house and few beers & bbqs later we ended with this:

[​IMG]

and also picked this up for free.99

[​IMG]

anyone know what year it is? im assuming 88-95. but this bumper/valance combo is all metal, and the bumper itself is 3 piece. all the ones ive seen (2wd and 4wd) are one piece. is it common for an aftermarket bumper to be a 3 piece item? i want to make brackets soon. bumper will be chromed while the valance will get paint matched to the truck (when the truck gets painted of course).

15. beyondspexj

beyondspexj Addict

Truck:
    85 Pickup
    Not too much to update as of yet buy I did make it to the junkyard and got some new headlight buckets and hardware. Also ordered all block plates and intake manifold plug kit from LCE. Head is still at the machine shop. Waiting on a little free time to finish it up.

16. Da_Roach

Da_Roach Toyotaholic

Truck:
    (1) 92 RN80 (1) 2002 RZN150
    The bumper you have is an 89-92 4x4 bumper. They came in 3 parts for the factory. The later bumpers are one piece.

17. beyondspexj

beyondspexj Addict

Truck:
    85 Pickup
    Thanks roach!

18. Malessohomegrown

Malessohomegrown Toyotaholic

Truck:
    87Hilux,92Hilux reg,914x4 HiluxEC
    Sup chelu.You gonna leave the valve cover polished?Bro I had a few heads welded and re surfaced over here it's fkin expensive.Cheaper to look for another one.That valve was folded over and it wasn't slamming the piston?Got any pics of that?

19. tacobo670

tacobo670 Addict

Truck:
    94 Base
    nice score on the bumper. im in need of one too. but waiting for my head from machine shop also. same like ur's -#2 cyl cracked a little. previous owner tried to fix it -welded over it and shut the coolant port shut lol. well its gonna be a race head. ported and pro valve kit from LCE. i've got another im cleaning up. looks good for now. ima use that on my daily -when its all cleaned up i think ill just junk the one thats on there now.

20. beyondspexj

beyondspexj Addict

Truck:
    85 Pickup
    I'm planning on leaving it polished as of right now. May add some paint to it later to match the truck. On the head I got lucky and it folded into the head! Pistons look great as do the walls. Ill snatch a pic or two tonight. So far the head work is running about $400. That's without oversized valves and valve springs.

I was going to run LCE but wanted to try and see if I coil find a great local guy first and I did. Going to be similar to some of the full race heads he has done but only plan on running a street cam until I redo the block since the cams I'm looking at need deeper reliefs in the pistons.