AssYriaNrocKer's 94 SingleCab Build Thread

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by AssYriaNrocKer, Nov 20, 2012.

1. AssYriaNrocKer

AssYriaNrocKer Enthusiast

Truck:
    1994 PU
    Double Post**

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  2. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    Today I put the truck on a lift and diagnosed a bad idler arm. Ordered a new Toyota replacement at work....love working at Toyota. Going to order a new stabilizer/damper but not from work. It could prob. Use all new steering components but for now idler and damper will have to do. Idler arm should be in by Tuesday.

-RONI-
    :headbang:

3. estgang1991

estgang1991 Enthusiast

Truck:
    '89 hilux
    make sure you don't crush the castle nuts when youre trying to remove the tie rod ends, when I replaced my center link I accidently crushed one of the nuts on the inner tie rod and it turned into a bitch!! good luck bro!

4. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    Got the idler arm in today.

[​IMG]

Ill install sometime this week if not today. Its so small compared to the total chaos one on the runner lol

-RONI-

5. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    Here is a part number for anyone else that wants to throw down on a Toyota Idler arm.

[​IMG]

Yet another great thing about working at Toyota...I have full access to lifts and tools.
    [​IMG]

Old on top new on bottom...old one had a ton of play new one is nice n stiff.
    [​IMG]

Installed
    [​IMG]

steering nice and tight now....not having power steering is much more annoying here in Chicago....I need to get on that.

-RONI-

6. BaggedYota90

BaggedYota90 Member

Truck:
    1987 4Runner
    Thats good looking truck you got there, love the wheels! That intake swap looks clean with a 22RE, it almost looks normal to me after looking into the engine bay of my 87 4Runner after swapping in a 7M 2 years ago, lol.

7. The Jewish Guy

The Jewish Guy Veteran

I paid $27.00 for this part at Advance Auto Parts... Idler Arm

8. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    Yea there is cheaper ways....I chose Toyota because I like to do things right. I've gone through a few idler arms before. Stock Toyota is worth it in my opinion.

-RONI-

9. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU

Thanks! Using the stock elbow makes it look pretty stock. That sounds pretty sikk. Was it a v6 b4 thev swap?

-RONI-

10. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    Battery was dead this morning. Instead of just replacing it with another crappy battery I bought a new one for the 4runner and donated the red top optima to the pickup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-RONI-

11. kingtacoma951

kingtacoma951 Addict

Truck:
    88 SR5 Xtra Cab
    Dammmm clean engine bay....:waytogo:

12. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    So my boss decided he likes the work I do on my 3 cars and promoted me to lube tech. Wants me to take some A.S.E tests and make a career in Toyota. Who would've thunk it huh. It's a fun job and I'm gaining a lot of experience. Anyway....I got the hook up at work for the undercoating and it finally got done. It is not perfect but for the price it's just fine. I paid about 70 bucks. The only part I don't like is that there is over spray on certain parts that I didn't want sprayed such as exhaust and transmission. I was going to get the Subaru and 4runner sprayed but it would have to be much cleaner/neater. I'm slowly cleaning the over spray off each time I throw it on the lift but it's not easy. Brake/carb cleaner works but takes some elbow grease. It looks wet but I assure you it's dry.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You can see all the over spray on the trans.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Today I installed some Belltech 2" drop spindles along with new upper and lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rods with adjusting sleeves and drag link. Obviously repacked bearings when I installed new spindle. That should bring the suspension back to life a little bit. I have the rear 3" blocks in hand also ready to go on. Left the truck at work today cause it still needs an alignment. I didn't take any pics cause it looks pretty goofy....all high up front and super low in back cause I have about 300lbs of sand in the bed in order to drive in the snow. Should look better with 3" blocks vs the 4" block that are on right now.

ALL of the old joints were very loose...
    [​IMG]
    New tie rods.
    [​IMG]
    New drag/center link.
    [​IMG]
    Old spindle off...should've taken more pics I was just too busy.

I was having some issues with the battery terminals so I replaced them with Tsunami terminals. I gotta get some pics cause those things are cool.lol Other than that the truck is running great and although a bit un-safe in the wrong hands it can still get along just fine in the snow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The truck gets frozen over all the time! I sprayed the rubber around the doors with silicone spray and used lithium grease on all hinges and locks in order to avoid freezing. I also do my best to clean it often to avoid the salt constantly sitting on it and causing rust. I need to get a fender liner on the driver side. I'm assuming it has to be a 4x4 liner to fit the 4x4 fender.

-RONI-

13. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    I'm thinking about selling.....anyone wanna chime in on how much I can get for it? I've put a ton of wrk into this lil truck not sure how to price it.....I have everything documented in a notebook tho.....it will be hard to part with but an opportunity on a 4cyl. 5spd 03 Camry came up that I just can't pass.

What do u guys think?

-RONI-

14. Blitz

Blitz Enthusiast

Truck:
    It's not a Toyota
    Seemed like you were going to keep it.

15. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    I was...I just didn't expect snow driving to be so difficult I guess....

-RONI-

16. Blitz

Blitz Enthusiast

Truck:
    It's not a Toyota
    If I wasn't in the middle of EVERYTHING, I'd shoot you an offer. I'd love a white one.

17. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    I hear you man...I don't expect to have too much trouble selling it out here. It's an Arizona car with zero rust on it. Also just got undercoated...plus the "new parts" list goes on and on. If I lose my shot at this camry I will end up keeping it...It's one of those can't miss opportunities that I was not planning on coming across.

-RONI-

18. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    Last night I got the truck aligned using "whiskey eye" techniques just to be able to drive it home. I got the flu while working on it and its been sitting at work for 3 days. Driving it home made me realize if I don't end up getting that beautiful camry its ok...because my truck is pretty sweet!lol

Tonight im removing the rear 4" blocks and installing the new Belltech 3" blocks. I'll be sure to install them straight unlike the PO's crooked ass install. Makes the rear axle off center.

I'll have to post up some pics of the camry I'm talking about.

-RONI-

19. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    Here it is...the only camry I would trade my truck for...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-RONI-

20. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    Today at work I removed the **** eyed 4" blocks and installed the new Belltech 3" blocks. My rear axle is much straighter now! Suspension feels much much better overall in the whole truck. Now just a bit of torsion bar tuning and after that I'm gonna get a final alignment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-RONI-