94 Toy Min-E truck build

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by NashMan, Nov 17, 2012.

1. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
    Yae I figure mabye I could get into the 150 zone with a stock cam and block with a stand alone ecu

and with a built motor over 200 since I can choose any cam I want

If today goes well I am going to remove and relocate my knock sensor to force the into the high timing map zone and run 89 octane fuel should get nice little bump in power

2. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
    here is shot how she looks now, I will soon clean it up and paint some stuff

[​IMG]

3. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
    well I find my truck to be 2 loud and my headers have allot of noise from to much resonance, "thin wall headmen header" it was not that bad on my wheeler but it worse on my 94

I am going to add in a flow master hushpower 2 that should fix the loud issue and help with the header noise, if not I will wrap it or just replace it with dough thorly one

any who race day tomorrow hope is not wet out or this will be a spin fest

4. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
    Auto cross was a blast best part is beating civics with blown front shocks wiggling like fish down the track

I max my time out today could not go any faster since the suspension just could not keep up but the power increase was good thou.

Erwin Merida likes this.
  5. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
    Well I got my wide band in today so now I get to see how rich she is running

and start to tune the afm and what not

and tomorrow I am picking up a hush power 2 muffler from flow master and add it into the system

6. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
    Well I installed the hush power muffler from flow master and it turned out great

I recommend not running flow master baffle muffler's cause they are **** but the hush powers are awesome since they are better for flow

if you wana run flow master get the most free flowing like a super 10 or 40 series then run a reg steel wool filed like maganflow or run flow masters dbx or hush power

for best results in sound and performance

pic's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    had to relocate the secound cat sinfff as you can see
    ps I hate welding under the car/ truck but turned out great from being like 12 deep in beers lol

7. scrub88

scrub88 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 toy short bed
    So the hush power helped I'm been looking at one of those to add as a resonator as well so pretty good drop in sound? I blew out my magnaflow packing need to quiet it down some

8. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
    yup I have ran them before on other cars and trucks they do a good job quiteter but not hp hog at all

9. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
    ps reg flow master mufflers are not mufflers there big resonators in less glass and steel wool filled

10. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
    Sweet called Mallory Ignition today to ask if I could get a spring from my Mallory 4307M carb reg 4-25 psi Mallory brand | Part #: 4307M to convert it to Mallory 4305M efi 30 to 100 psi Mallory brand | Part #: 4305M and only cost me 10 buck's

Funny part is I got this off my old wheeler and it was installed in a efi setup (22re) wail still retaining the the stock fuel pressure regulator lol...lucky Mike McClelland told me we can't trust them sookies ( hilly billy 4x wheelers around here) and looked up the part number before install properly all most died of laughter but then was bummded I could not use it but now I can yippy

So now it's just matter of time tell I install it in the truck

now only if it were to stop ranning i could go install my wide band

11. WinksYota

WinksYota Enthusiast

Truck:
    1993 yoter single cab
    I'm confused.. flow masters are mufflers they have no packing whatsoever and use a series of chambers... more chambers the lower exhaust tone... they have all different types and hush power was its own company but looks like it merged with flow master??? At any rate I have a 50 series and it's very deep and quite... but I also have a cat in the mix that quites it down a lot...
    [​IMG]
    Some like me don't like mufflers packed with glass due to the raspy tone they usually spit out at higher revs... looks like you have it figured out I'm just confused on your posts

I would think that hush power with a 40 series muffler would give a lovely note if your not running a cat.... should make us a clip

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  12. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
    I could do that but you will have to forgive the head men header is pile of dog **** it has resonantion problem from the piping being to thin that or it's the head reed holes for the pair vavle causing it

all post it up in abit

But yes flow master are a resonator cause they have no packing and change the exhuast note's harmonics not just it's tone like a glass/steel wool muffler will do

funny part that you see all the time is the term resonator and it's glass pack cherry bomb pretty but it's really a glass pack muffler with no steel wool much

here is an example on what happens when you take chamber muffler then add in a glass/ steel wool muffler on my 3 liter runner

the wine ya hear is gear wine

100_4644.MOV - YouTube
    100_4637.MOV - YouTube

every one herd a 3 slow before with no cat's and headers they sound pretty awful but mine sounded really nice every thought I did motor swap and did no sound cracky/raspy in any way shape or forum

your avage 3vze like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR9nV7ZpPkM

exhuast was a doug throley headers, no cat, magana flow 3 chamber xl 13216 muffler MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles and maga flow 5 inc round steel wool packed muffler 12866 MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles
    2.5 inc system

pic's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  13. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
  14. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
    Well I needed some thing to do today so might as well install the wide band and found out my truck was running leaner then I wanted so I replaced the fuel filter and that fixed that issue.

An idea struck me some time ago and wanted to run a oil catch can so why not used the charcoal canister as a oil catch can so I chopped the top off and on Monday I will go to my buddies house and use his tig welder since a mig weld would not look as good nice and clean and less work lol

pic's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
    I am not sure why I made this thread so many views yet no respounce ?????

Any who my JL C2 speaker's came into today the last set were the wrong size 3.5 instead of the 4 inc that I needed

I must say that the C2's sound really good alot better then kenwood's I got at the pick and pull

pic's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tomorrow I am going to go take look at some Momo racing seats for the truck and hope fully my fat ass will fit into them

16. scrub88

scrub88 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 toy short bed
    (NashMan) am not sure why I made this thread so many views yet no respounce ?????

I'm watching what your up to man its good keep it up

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  17. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    I know that exact same feeling sometimes.

Where are you getting these Momo's?

18. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
    A friend of mine had them in his old juice out drag caviler was pretty nuts shooting 100,150 and 250 shots on 3 stage system

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these are what they look like 200 for both of them too

all never stop scrub I just have alot of free time right now so why not tinker with the truck as much as I can

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  19. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
    Well I said **** it to tigging the catch can so I just migged it up lol all just smooth out the welds since I am picky

I have one longer tube and that is plumed to the crank case feed so that way the intake can get oil free air

It was rather simple to make cost me next to nothing to build and fits flush and clean i could have went with tubed 90 an fitting but meh it still looks good.

pic's

[​IMG]

remember what i said about haven a fitting installed so the thread don't deform the threads

[​IMG]
    fitting welded with tube

[​IMG]

ground nice and smooth on the belt sander

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    done and a great replacement for the ****ty charcoal canister

all plum it in tomorrow

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  20. scrub88

scrub88 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 toy short bed
    Damn that smoothed out ..I'm interested in the bucket momos custom welded up brackets I asume ? I got a set of corbos from my old 95 civic I wanna put in but there red ughh u gonna run your over the shoulder seat belt or a harness