94' 22re EFI "Name that thing!''

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by jacobstone559, Feb 6, 2016.

1. jacobstone559

jacobstone559 Newbie

Hey Everybody just bought a 94' 22re EFI California car with 260xxx miles and I'm pretty much replacing everything I can without getting into the engine much[​IMG][​IMG]Here's a picture!!!
    2016-02-06 19.45.12.jpg Had a vacuum hose plug that didn't seem stock haha could yall identify what this hose goes to? 2016-02-06 19.51.02.jpg See that box with all the vacuum hoses go into..the bottom vaccum hose is where the other end of this long hose I's plugged into..whatever that box is?!?!
    Also ..I was just in general wondering what to look for when this many miles are concerned, I've already got tires,distributor cap and rotor,spark plugs and wires,flushed the radiator just for fun,did all that today,also checked valve clearences because there seems to be a rattle /ping sound,but they were good,checked the timing chain & it had a tiny bit of play but didn't seem like much,but with that many miles should I change all that too? Just in case...,guides ect? Any help on any of these topic would be great.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  2. BatryOpratedBoy

BatryOpratedBoy Enthusiast

Truck:
    Brave Little Toaster (Diana) and Salsa Verde (Traction Control)
    If it's in front of the fuse panel right there, it might be for your window washer resevior. Is there a water tank right there between your battery and passenger side headlight?

Actually, can you upload a
    Picture a bit further out?