86 2wd project and i have questions

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by drewp, Feb 26, 2010.

1. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    im really digging your projects. i had to read the whole thread to find out where you are. haha. i used to deliver pizzas to a guy near seattle that had a very similar wheeler. and i didnt know if you were him. anyways, the 2wd looks good so far. i really like the color. thats about what my dodge will be. i love olive paint.

i still say find a used chrome factory bumper. but rock what you have for now.

2. drewp

drewp Member

ya man i would like the chrome but its hard to find for cheap so as of right now i think im going to strip all the paint to raw and clear coat it but then again i might just paint it the color of the truck idk its a toughy

3. drewp

drewp Member

so ive been working on the 2wd bed bodywork, and its a pain but getting there. i decided to smooth up the tailgata a bit and its comin along
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    oh ya another thing i managed this over the weekend....untempered glass isnt something to play with
    [​IMG]

4. planemos

planemos Toyotaholic

Truck:
    92 2wd Xtra-Cab,98 2wd Xtra-Cab, 1988 Toyota Supra turbo
    Ouch! That's a bad one.

5. drewp

drewp Member

pics for those that are bored

ode to body work its not fun and thats why my truck still sits unfinished i need to lower the back an inch and finish paint, just need to get some motivation. the problem is that my 4wd has been more of a priority to work on since it results in more fun but i do want to finish up the 2wd to have a good little grocery getter/golf club holding truck
    [​IMG]

check out this black beauty. 1985 solid axle with a 22re, stock sr5 wheels, power windows, ac, cruise control, sunroof, sr5 seats, interior is cherry, this thing is sweet my buddy picked this up for 2300 bucks not bad
    [​IMG]

other than that ive been able to take my 4wd out a few times before breaking all the knuckle studs now its time for a 5th stud
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. EFnetOper

EFnetOper Veteran

Truck:
    94 2wd Pickup
    That thing is a beast!

7. slacker

slacker Addict

Truck:
    84-7m-GTE custom
    sitting the way it sits .. I cant believe you have no contact with the panels ? time for a "spruce up " maybe , startin to look old ...

toyotafiberglass has some new panels .. maybe check em out .

8. drewp

drewp Member

i think you are talking about the 4wd, and i have bump stops to limit up travel, i only have about 2-3inches of uptravel and tons of droop, when rock crawling droop is more important than uptravel and keeping the truck as low as possible is key. and the fiberglass panels are a waste of money for me the first time they touch a tree or my truck lays on its side they will break, dents i could care less about hell i havnt even washed the truck in more than 2 years. its actually a dark brown paint,
    now my 2wd ive been chasing dents out with a hammer a bondo and its a pain but its getting there

9. Dgerfan55

Dgerfan55 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 pickup
    dang nice projects. Welcome to TM.