85 Xtra Cab

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by someday, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Scomber

Scomber Enthusiast

Those "techs"? They're going to need to pay for that damage, and then they're going to need to go back to their busboy/dishwasher jobs. The thing is, on many unibody cars, the pinch weld is where you jack it, but even then, you need to have the jack-car contact point set up so that it supports just to either side of the standing seam, rather than crushing it. Sad.

Also, not to be a nit-picker, but that was lichen, not moss. Moss is a plant. Lichen is a fungus-algae partnership, and neither of those are plants, strictly speaking. I guess the Washington plates had something to do with that. :D

And yes, nice valence.

2. someday

someday Member

Truck:
    85 xtra cab
    Hahah you're right about it not being moss, but that's the easiest way to describe it to someone who hasn't seen it :) It did leave little stains on the paint that I haven't been able to rub off :-\

I just finished moving the last of my stuff into my new place and found a roll of woodgrain contact paper from the last house and remembered a user on here, Madness, put it on his hood. I liked how his looked so I figured I'd try it so I grabbed a few beers and hit the street (where the truck was parked).

[​IMG]

I think it looks halarious, so it's gonna stay for a while.

3. 83Azmini

83Azmini Member

Truck:
    83 shortbed
    Trucks made a real transformation, great work! I agree, I think the canopy looks pretty cool! I had one for my vw pu and hated it when i owned it, now looking at the pix i miss it haha. The wood grain is sweet!

4. someday

someday Member

Truck:
    85 xtra cab
  5. kingtacoma951

kingtacoma951 Addict

Truck:
    88 SR5 Xtra Cab
    :D looks jdm ish now...looks good tho

6. ryans88yota

ryans88yota Enthusiast

Truck:
    88 2wd base reg cab.
    Dont know about where u are but I cruise around dropped 7 inches. 5 percent window tint. Cut off muffler. No front license plate. And I got pulled over for the yellow headlights within a block! Figured it was an ass. Got pulled again different town 20 min later.. got rid of em!

7. NashMan

NashMan Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 2wd
    tire tec's tisk tisk tisk

8. scrub88

scrub88 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 toy short bed
    Yea I've heard of cops bustin balls about yellow primary headlights . In certain areas . Then again I've got a yellow hid high beam on my bike that. Keep on with my other hid low beam to make myself more noticeable to traffic ..haven't got stopped yet ...nock on wood

9. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    bro you gotta fix that grille, it's making my head hurt lol

10. someday

someday Member

Truck:
    85 xtra cab
    makes mine hurt too! The core support is smashed in some so nothing actually lines up properly. lol Maybe someday I'll fix it. :)

ryans88yota - I'm in Santa Barbara CA. I've had the tint on the headlights for a few weeks and I haven't been bothered yet. Due to the hours of my commute I don't actually have to use my headlights very much so I wonder if that's got anything to do with it.

I just hope I don't catch any **** for having a WA License plate when I'm living in CA. "Sorry officer. I just got back to town from visiting my dad in WA. Trucks only been here about a week" hehehe

11. dexter69

dexter69 Member

Truck:
    85 toyota lwb
    Nice snaps......those techs wrecking your Toy.....sux. Yeah fix that grill

12. HEcreated487

HEcreated487 Newbie

The transformation from "farm beater" to its current DD status is impressive. Love the Rodeo bumper valence as well. In for updates.

13. 89blaster89

89blaster89 Enthusiast

Truck:
    93 singlecab
    your truck is sooooooo freakin sick man, makes roof racks looks dope, im dropping mine 3" with most likely starions also and putting a roof rack on also lol, if you ever wanna sell that rack let me know!