70's Style Grill???

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by millcitysboy606, Nov 6, 2008.

1. millcitysboy606

millcitysboy606 Enthusiast

Truck:
    87 Pickup
    hey found this on craigslist for $10 gonna buy it just cuz i like it. just wondering if i can put it on my pickup 87. If so how can i

12b1g8144ZZZZZZZZZ89tcd4a450756431650.jpg

2. Nook

Nook Addict

Looks like an 83 4x4 grille, fitting to your 87, without cutting, welding, fabbing, got me :confused:

3. millcitysboy606

millcitysboy606 Enthusiast

Truck:
    87 Pickup
    ya me sumped too.. i guess im willing to cut weld and watever else you said... guess Ill buy it. i just love that little toyota sign its so AWESOME!!!

4. ShoNuff

ShoNuff Toyotaholic

Truck:
    75 hilux, 80 4x4
    ya thats a 83ish SR5 grill

if you have to cut, weld, grind, fab, drill, swear, duct tape, zip tie, ect...

you might be werkin too hard:D

tho i would check to make sure the width is correct or you might want to look into the head light surrounds for that year.

5. Nook

Nook Addict

Speaking of grilles, I bought this some while back, was suppposed to be for 75-78 but was mismarked, and fits 79-81 or 82, the one with round headlights, anyways its a Stull square tube chrome grille, brand new, would take 50? plus actual shipping if anyones interested.

[​IMG]

6. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    . . . Yes, it is a nice lookiing grill, but, its going to take some fab work to make it work ( Personally have never seen a 4th generation grill on a 5th generation, might be kinda kewl . . . ) FYI, the emblem looks to be removable if all you want is the emblem for " looky what I have sake " & nice find, good price. . .

Nolan - Didja get that grill off of EBAY, I saw one of those awhile back and it looked kewl, but, for some reason the picture for a 3rd generation didnt look right. . . Goodluck with the sale. . . Hey, millcitysboy606 - that would look nice if your looking for an aftermarket grill to add some more flavor to your mini -

* * * FUN QUESTION * * * { Don't cheat } What was the name and the first year that toyota first made a pickup ? ( This was the truck that first started Toyota motors corporation in the truck business ) HINT - Its not a Stout -!

7. Megaglow_Z

Megaglow_Z Addict

Truck:
    81 long-bed goodness
    that would be a 1935 G1, 1.5-ton truck :)

first compact truck was a 1947 Toyopet Model SB."would kill for one of those."

And no i did not cheat :) but i did recently read a "history of Toyota article"..lol

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  8. patriotpop

patriotpop Addict

Truck:
    94 2wd
    That just proves we need a history section here...LOL

9. Nook

Nook Addict

Nolan - Didja get that grill off of EBAY, I saw one of those awhile back and it looked kewl, but, for some reason the picture for a 3rd generation didnt look right. . . Goodluck with the sale. . . Hey, millcitysboy606 - that would look nice if your looking for an aftermarket grill to add some more flavor to your mini -

Yeah I bought it off Ebay but its been almost 2 years ago now, the guy was cleaning out a warehouse of old parts, I bought some other stuff for the early trucks and the grille box someone had marked the wrong years on it, I did find another for the early trucks recently on Ebay but passed on it because it required doing the square headlight conversion. These grilles are old school look if thats what a person is trying to get.

10. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    You are correct Mega, those toyotpets are a VERY rare find but, they are out there . . .

. . . totally agree . . . Ide also, like to see a fun section with Toyota knowledge questions in different categories and feilds to establish bragging rights and help others learn more about their rides. . .

11. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    i would totally love to see that section. i found a 83 ish toyota 4x4, had a bunch of forsale signs in it. its got rust ont eh body but i havent gotten an upclose look. i'll post up in another thread

12. slacker

slacker Addict

Truck:
    84-7m-GTE custom

yeah ... I'll buy that . (if shipping works ? )

please email me @ [email protected]

13. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    FYI - Ive bought stuff from NOOK { Nolan } before and he comes with my highest customer satisfaction rating, he is a totally awesome guy to do business with. . .

. . . okay, back to thread topic " he he ". . .

14. slacker

slacker Addict

Truck:
    84-7m-GTE custom
    as it turns out , it wont work for me .. RATZ !!
    sorry .

15. Rayvin

Rayvin Member

hey guys im from australia and this thread caught my eye as i am currently doing a 77 front end converstion on my 86.
    this is just a mock up (the air con pipes are in the way) it fits perfectly in the gap. as u can see i got the whole front end (for $30aus)
    if i remember i'll keep you guys updated on how it goes.

[​IMG]

16. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    dude keep us posted, it looks sick!

17. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I totally agree. . . I so love the look of those 70's grills and I think the outcome will be badass, not to mention youll have the old school headligt look which is very much in style these days. Car manufacturers are using swept housings with round projector HID's and some halogens, so the look is there. Goodluck with the outcome, Do a buildthread with pictures for the world to see and itll have your name all over it . . .

18. Rayvin

Rayvin Member

cheers guys
    im starting my build this coming year as i have spent the last collecting parts.
    and just to make u a lil more jelous its a dual cab with 4x4 sheet and getting a xtra cab 4x4 tub (streech).
    once i get the build going i will start a build up going (not much to show atm)

19. Nook

Nook Addict

The early grille swap looks interesting, good luck. Now I do have a question for ya, I noticed in the picture, the early valance with park lights, apparently those must be unique to your neck of the woods with the double lens, amber/white, does that have a double bulb setup or a single, turn signal and a clear with the headlights on, whats the skinny on them? I might be interested in some just for the heck of it if they are readily available. Thanks.

20. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Not to try and purposely break thread, but, Ive found them on Ebay alote, but, I too am unsure of the bulb setup and would like to know as well . . . I so cant wait to see this upgrade . . .