4 link?

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by 90805tazzkid, Aug 30, 2010.

1. 90805tazzkid

90805tazzkid Member

Truck:
    98 s10 laying frame and 01 celica gts
    well i mean the 4 link 10 swtich box wire compresser tank valves the bagg should be fine there top line slam baggs cut his c notch and weld it on mine idk man i dont see how it wouldnt work..but if im wrong correct me

2. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    Is it a bolt on 4 link kit on his? Cause I know those all have really short bars. I think my 4 link kit was like 400 from gravitywerx

3. burnzya

burnzya Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux
    i'd just put a motor in the dime and sell it for parts.

trying to cut a notch out just sounds like a huge headache, especially if it's a 8 piece notch. and even then it might not be the correct width for your yota.

the suicide doors super lift is expensive as hell, but is really super beefy. you don't have to get that carried away with a link setup if you're not planning on abusing it.

assuming you'd use the air managment and bags from the dime, i'd recommend these for a basic setup.

if it has a s-10 specific link setup, then look into these:

http://www.suicidedoors.com/4-link-kits/thorbecke-brothers/triangulated-4-link
    or
    http://www.suicidedoors.com/4-link-kits/thorbecke-brothers/universal-wishbone-kit

bag brackets and notch:

http://www.suicidedoors.com/bag-brackets/bracket-kits/torsion-truck-bag-bracket-kit

i'd also recommend buying new d.o.t. airline. it's cheap, no sense in re-using it.

the above kits can be had for around $600+ shipping. if you re use the links from the dime you should look into buying new tabs for them. i know they are easily made, but the laser cut ones are nice looking, and for the price of buying the steel and making them the pre made are a bargain.

4. 90805tazzkid

90805tazzkid Member

Truck:
    thanks a million man really. but see if i put the motor in the truck to sell it the truck will be complete. all it would be missing is the bad ass apin t job it use to have he bought it for 8gs then put a brand new slam bagg set up on it for 2gs now hes selling it for 800 bucks to me and the baggs havent been used more then 3 months or so its just sitting

5. bodybagged

bodybagged Enthusiast

Truck:
    toyota clipped datsun
  6. 90805tazzkid

90805tazzkid Member

Truck:
    **** it whos down to by my toy 3500 its a 1988 base model 22r 138*** og miles stick bucket seats shaved doors with poppers brand new Hercules tires all the way around mtx 3 way 6by9s and 4in 2 way jensen in dash i got a 12 in Orion sub and a sherwood ampo but thats if u buy for 3500...lisens plates frenched in 2in.... 2 in blockes in rear got a small cali lean goin on um just about all body works done some low spots but yah its primer
    black any other quetions just ask...i want it to have a good home family owned truck 1 owner so not abused much hahah :p ow and head liners still perfect alwas the first thing to go but right now the cleanest hahahah..... idk how to out pics up so tell me how and i will

7. 90805tazzkid

90805tazzkid Member

Truck:
    anyone know how much it is to get heads redone on a v6 chevy typicaly

8. Jon_lowered&Loving_it

Jon_lowered&Loving_it Newbie

Where did you get your 4 link from? Do you have any specs on it?

9. Litneon

Litneon Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    I bought it from Steve at Cando Specialties. He's since sold the shop to another guy who renamed it KBS Fab (I think).... Last I looked, I couldn't find their info online anymore.

What kind of specs are you wondering about?

10. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    Kbs closed down aswell

11. Jon_lowered&Loving_it

Jon_lowered&Loving_it Newbie

I was able to someone from KBS Yesterday they still have a Facebook page.
    They specs I was wondering about is how long all the links are and how far back the bags are sitting on the lower bars?