1zz/2zz

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheLoLux, Jan 8, 2013.

1. TheLoLux

TheLoLux Toyotaholic

Truck:
    70 LoLux 92 CYN YOTA 84ish 4runner
    Can I put a W series tran be hind a 1zz/2zz motor? I might be getting a lotus Elise motor build by Nelson racing engines. Should have 600-700 hp with the turbo. He build it for his brother. And now it just sits in the shop. He said I can have it if I get the sheet metal job done in 6 weeks. Lol.

2. dillinja666

dillinja666 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I gots no truck, for now
    I would highly doubt that a w-series would handle very well with 600-700 in front of it. I know w58s pop around the 300-400 mark.

a quick google search found this
    1ZZ into RWD?

3. Raffaelli

Raffaelli Toyotaholic

Truck:
    82 Longbed 2WD
    Lol. I've blown up 1 and loosened up another w58 with my hybrid. I would suggest something else at those power levels.

4. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    With such high power levels, I'd look at transmissions much easier to find with better power handling.
    I'm looking at a 350Z 6spd (later year models, the early ones had the issues) for a future build.

I'm not talking down my W58 or anything, but if I was pushing that much, I'd look elsewhere for a transmission. My friend is throwing down 400rwhp on his turbo mustang's stock 5speed in his 2004GT. :) also on some nice nittos, so you can imagine would the transmission would go through.

5. kamesama980

kamesama980 Addict

Truck:
    91 Base
    Agreed, a W box will last about 1 hard launch at those power levels. usually they give up the ghost under 400 hp. Toyota didn't use them in anything over 250hp for a reason.

An R series box should last for a while. the supra V160/161 will run all day long. so will any number of other performance boxes.