1981 Toyota pickup fusible link? / blower motor resistor? Location?

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Ryan99, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Ryan99

Ryan99 Newbie

Truck:
    81 yota pickup
    I’m wondering if there is a fusible link where. My issue here is my voltage regulator clicks when my headlight is off. But if I turn on my headlight it does not click. With out headlight is 13.2-3 volts and clicking. With headlight sporadically 12.8-13.1 stabilizing at 13.1.

Ever since I cleaned my corroded voltage regulator terminals it’s been acting up. Not sure why.
    Also is there any location where I should check for rubbing wires near the bed? I remeber I had my tail lights and dash light keep blowing fuses
    And when my car was over charging could I have fried the blower motor resistor? I haven’t looked yet but any clues where it is located?

thanks Ryan

2. 1982rn34

1982rn34 Addict

Truck:
    1982 SR5 RN34
    Hey Ryan!
    I can answer a couple of your questions. The blower resistor is located just above the parking brake. I believe it is held on with either 1 or 2 tapping screws. Does all speeds of your fan work? If not, then the resistor needs to be replaced and still availabe at Toyota.

Fusible links are off the the (+) terminal of the battery. And, I'm not sure why there is a clicking noise in your regulator. I've owned my '82 SR5 shortbed for almost 40 years and I have never heard of this happening. We'll let others chime in with possible clues

I see you are up in the 916. My niece and her family are off of Calvine on Hwy 99. I'm in the 408 South Bay.

Keep us posted with any new developments!
    Rick

3. Ryan99

Ryan99 Newbie

Truck:
    81 yota pickup

Yeah I’ll have to look under my parking brake. Thanks so much neither 1,2,3 works so it’s probably blown/melted. Since I turned it on when it was at 16+ Volts.
    yeah I’m also by calvine and 99 what a coincidence

is the link in the spiral tubes or attached to the plugs ?
    Thanks Ryan

4. 1982rn34

1982rn34 Addict

Truck:
    1982 SR5 RN34
    The links are attached to the (+) postive battery cable. That's if you still have the factory battery cable.