1978 Pickup on Ebay

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Pearce, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    This is an interesting one to watch. Pretty close to a complete survivor. Did get a motor swap at some point. I have never seen the road side tool kit to know if that is correct but I'm guessing it is. I've maybe seen one owners manual with a truck listed in my 7 years or so paying attention to these. I saw this about a week ago and it did seem like hype was there. Has stayed at just over 4k for over a day tho. Reserve not meet yet. One of the few examples I would say whatever the price it's probably worth it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2251897465...hMnAxbDTOa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Wonder what the reserve is. Great little survivor

Pearce likes this.
  3. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Looks like the reserve was just meet. Going to guess it was 7500. Think a bidding war may be going on now. At 8999.00 now.

jetas likes this.
  4. MrDinkleman

MrDinkleman Addict

Truck:
    1988 standard cab, long bed
    No. Reserve was $9k. Seller added an edit, at the bottom of his description.

I'm guessing he was getting pissed off about the low bids so he removed the reserve and put in the "bid" of $8999. It doesn't make sense otherwise that bids went from $5200 to $8999 in one step...

Pearce likes this.
  5. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Damn that's a little weird. Looking at it the first bidder had bid it up to 3000 before anyone else hit. He stopped at 4050. Really starting out out 9k isn't to bad.

Hope it sells and he didn't screw himself with fees. Maybe ebay will throw it in people's face tomorrow and people come back. I do think a better job could of been done to promote it. The post I saw wasn't much more then a link on a Facebook group.

6. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Ended with no new bids. Surprised a little. After seeing more photos it really is a interesting truck. Saw the sticker on for the turn signal stock and thought yup I'm the guy that would pull that off.