1972 2nd Gen Hilux LS swap

Discussion in 'Pre-1975 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Toyoterra, Jan 16, 2020 at 2:38 AM.

1. Toyoterra

Toyoterra Newbie

Truck:
    72 RN22 / 86 4runner
    I recently purchased a 1972 Hilux that is in the middle of a LS engine swap that the previous owner started. I unfortunately haven't been able to do much as of yet due to school, work, and being a novice mechanic but i have been gathering parts and hope to begin progressing soon.

Here is a link to a thread on Ratsun of what the previous owner had done to the truck
    https://ratsun.net/topic/75440-72-toyota-hilux-53-swap/

These are some photos from when I picked up the truck and hauled it home
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

Here are some photos of how the engine currently sits in the truck as well as some shots of the custom headers the previous owner fabbed up
    Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg

Today I went to my local Pick N Pull and snagged all of what I'll need to do a front disc conversion. I also recently purchased a corvette (LS3) style water pump to hopefully conserve some much needed space inside the engine bay.
    Webp.net-resizeimage (5).jpg

74RN22 likes this.
  2. 74RN22

74RN22 Member

Truck:
    1974 RN22 Hilux
    LS Swap looks like the hard work of the installation is complete.

Have you figured out which brand of ECU that you are gonna need for this and wiring harness kit for this install?

Good thing you are going to the swap meet on Sunday.

What year truck did you pull those rotors from?

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Brakes look like theyre from a 75-78 truck

74RN22 likes this.
  4. Toyoterra

Toyoterra Newbie

Truck:
    72 RN22 / 86 4runner
    I have the stock engine harness that I was planning on modifying for now. Down the line I was thinking of getting something from Holley I hear they are pretty plug and play, but I'll be honest I haven't done much research into any other ECU. As for the rotors I pulled them from a 82 pickup in the Fontana LKQ yard

74RN22 likes this.