OME suspension lift kit

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by Elhuaraches, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Elhuaraches

Elhuaraches Member

Truck:
    1984 Toyota Hilux 4x4
    How's it going,

just wondering if anyone is running the OME complete kit for solid axel RN60. I'm thinking of upgrading my suspension later in the year. I just don't know how much of a lift it will give me

2. QDaddy

QDaddy Newbie

IMG_2350.JPG I have6" Fabtech and it's up there.. IMG_2350.JPG

3. Elhuaraches

Elhuaraches Member

Truck:
    1984 Toyota Hilux 4x4
    6 is overkill for me since i like to daily it too mainly looking from 3-4

4. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    6" is overkill. He also has IFS, not a solid axle like you do.

I'd keep it low as possible and probably go for the OME kit. I believe it's similar lift I got from the OME rear leafs I put on my 93 - roughly 2-2.5" lift from just the leaf springs. Beyond that I believe they just put longer shackles to get more height.

I want to say many people even go with the heavy leafs up front if they have a winch bumper, or they modify the spring pack of the mediums to compensate. Also, I wanna say higher crossover steering kit is pretty common to follow a lift so your steering is improved over the stock push/pull that would likely get all sorts of bump-steer

5. Elhuaraches

Elhuaraches Member

Truck:
    1984 Toyota Hilux 4x4
    I do plan on loading it with heavy loads so i might go with the heavy duty ones. Im used to the ride quality being bumpy af. I just wanted to get an idea of how much it would lift it. Incase i upgrade wheel size to 33x10.5r15

6. Daniel Peace

Daniel Peace Newbie

Truck:
    1986 Toyota Pickup 4x4
    Hello,
    I have a 1986 Toyota Pickup 4x4 and was wondering if someone could help me find the proper OME lift kit for my truck. When I look around on various websites they show OME kits for 1985 and below but don't have kits or parts for 1986 trucks. Will some of the kits for the older trucks work on mine? It has IFS and I'm looking for like a 2" - 3" lift, nothing crazy. I hope this is an alright thread for this question, I am new to this forum.