Yota rebuild on a rebuild (never ending)

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Newyota1994, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Newyota1994

Newyota1994 Member

Oh and forgot having to change up bag setup on truck image.jpeg So gonna run a cantilever setup be a first for me we shall she how it does on it

2. Newyota1994

Newyota1994 Member

Starting at the rear and making all my support brackets a lot of work to do
    image.jpeg
    Still not done gonna drill some holes to make look a little nicer

3. Newyota1994

Newyota1994 Member

And done on to the next set
    image.jpeg
    All done by hand

4. Newyota1994

Newyota1994 Member

image.jpeg
    Then started on my plates for frame wasn't sure how I wanted them to look so started with a peace of foam board and went from there
    image.jpeg
    Think they go together pretty good image.jpeg

5. Newyota1994

Newyota1994 Member

So things have changed a little the diesel I had for it was originally a Mazda diesel and since I started the hole Dually build I wanted to stay everything Toyota and it's kinda rubbed me wrong ever since but at the time of motor purchase the only available small diesel I could find was the Mazda diesel well the other day I found a 2l Yota diesel and managed to pic it up at a reasonable price so now I will have a true 1ton Toyota turbo Dually diesel will throw some pic of it up later done started ordering stuff for it managed to find a turbo exhaust for it so things should start moving fearly well on it now

6. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    Ya man awesome find....definitely put some pics together.....your ride is definitely going to be different

7. Newyota1994

Newyota1994 Member

I'm hoping so defiantly the end goal don't think there's a Yota diesel Dually build out there yet could be wrong but if not I'm trying to be the first just hoping everyone has some kind of appreciation for it when it's done

8. Newyota1994

Newyota1994 Member

image.jpeg Finally ordered the bellhousing the 22re trans would not mate to the 2l block with the flywheel also having to order the 2wd oil pan and pickup tube but since I'm waiting on parts to show up figured I'd paint the block and start on assembly main reason for painting block was rust prevention as the block was raw and started noticing little rust spots image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

jetas likes this.
  9. DragginSlayer

DragginSlayer Newbie

Truck:
    1991 Toyota Xtra cab 2wd
    MAD APPRECIATION, brother! Awesome work on what you've done so far. This thing will be killer!

10. Newyota1994

Newyota1994 Member

Thanks man still a lot to get done it's slowly coming together

11. Newyota1994

Newyota1994 Member

Build has kinda slowed down trying to get the rest of my parts I need for the diesel swap having to order almost everything overseas and it's been a big communication fudge cuz some of the parts have different names in the USA to where I'm getting them from but slowly getting it worked out

12. lowtaco94

lowtaco94 Newbie

Truck:
    99 Tacoma, 94 Pickup, 69 Hilux
    Cool build man. I know the feeling hunting down parts for these types of builds. I have assembled a batch of parts that has taken me over 8 years at this point. I have an austrailian crew cab 89-95 body style, 7; long bed, toyota 1ton dually rear (true 6 lug version), 1 ton front hubs and spindles, a 4bt cummins complete with a 47rh auto trans, and a set of the mooneyes dually fenders. I have started building a frame for it yet but I hope to soon once my detached garage is finished at home. The only good part about this is that I have other completed vehicles to drive while I work on it!

13. Newyota1994

Newyota1994 Member

Ya it took me awhile to track down the 1 ton parts and along the way managed to get two sets but I wanted everything to stay Toyota I had looked at the 4bt and had the chance to get one but this is my first major build so some of its a learning process and on top of that I wanted it to be a true Toyota 1 ton Dually turbo diesel

14. lowtaco94

lowtaco94 Newbie

Truck:
    99 Tacoma, 94 Pickup, 69 Hilux
    That's cool, yeah I debated the toyota diesel engine but I couldn't get myself excited about it. Are you running a short or long bed?

15. Newyota1994

Newyota1994 Member

No bed for awhile with the frame work but I do have a short bed to go on it once I get fenders

16. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    I wanted a Toyota turbo diesel so bad but the price is ridiculous. Why I went om617. Nice build

17. Newyota1994

Newyota1994 Member

Thanks and hell I picked mine up for 650 with some assembly required but everything is brand new besides most the obvious I mean injector pump was new still in the box wrapped up. The injectors are still sealed in the plastic wrap and also got a lot of double parts like alt and vac pump,timing assem,starters brand new gasket kit top to bottom unopened enough spare parts where it wouldn't take much more to build a sec one and ya it was missing a few odd pieces but nothing that was to bad I mean biggest thing missing was exhaust and the only thing I could find was the exhaust plate and since I wanted a turbo on it figured fabbing up my own wasn't a bad trade off will see how it comes before to long

18. Newyota1994

Newyota1994 Member

Little stuff right now until everything shows up managed to get the motor on the stand tonight and kinda just set everything on it for now image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

19. Newyota1994

Newyota1994 Member

Well parts are starting to roll in so decided to get back on it decided to start cleaning the frame up all the old brackets and junk that was on it image.jpeg don't have much more to clean up on frame then the parts to build the motor should be here so then I can set motor in and can on the start my harness get my last little brackets made then it'll be time to take it all back apart

20. Newyota1994

Newyota1994 Member

So finally got enough parts in to start some work on this thing image.jpeg image.jpeg so this is where I started image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg don't think it turned out to bad for my first manifold could have been better but one day I'll redo it