Won't start

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by TP88, Feb 16, 2012.

1. TP88

TP88 Enthusiast

Truck:
    1988 toyota pickup singl-cab
    So my truck out of know were won't start tuk off the alternator , starter,and battery and they were all good I have power runing I can turn everything but when I go to turn her over it will want to turn on but won't turn over all the way or I just get a click click click or a buzz over and over agen and it do t turn on any ideas.

2. flacostaco

flacostaco Toyotaholic

Truck:
    87 pickup
    my **** does the same thing usually wen its cold or its first strt of the day i think its the starter

3. tyme_fo_play

tyme_fo_play Addict

Truck:
    MY PRIDE MY JOY MY TOY!
    Sounds exactly whats been going on with mines for couple years. I would think i found the problem then would work good for couple months then same problem. Then supposely find a new problem then happens again after so many months. But as of right now its all good...try and check your batter terminals, ground wire from negative terminal to the block, power wire from terminal to starter, tap starter while somone cranks it, starter relay (think thats what its called) between firewall and fuse box, some trucks have it some dont. I changed everything else besides the starter relay. Good luck.

4. ADEggman

ADEggman Newbie

Truck:
    1976 Hi-Lux, 1988 regular cab 4x4
    I had the same problem. Thought it was the starter so I replaced it. Still wouldn't start, then the light came on. I checked the large hot wire that runs from the battery to the starter and sure enough, it was bad. I replaced it with a new #2 cable and the starting problems were over!!

5. burnzya

burnzya Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux
    every time my truck has made the buzzing noise it's been a ground problem. another thing could be a weak starter trigger wire. with the key on run a wire from the + battery post to the starter trigger wire terminal (the small single wire going to the starter) if it cranks over easily then theres a way to fix it for good. Truck Action has a post on here on how to fix it.