Windshield Wipers don't work?

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by 91yooter, Oct 30, 2010.

1. 91yooter

91yooter Newbie

Hey guys, new to the forum and just looking for some help!

I've got a 91 Toyota pickup 2wd that the wipers dont work on.
    I have check all the fuses, tested the wiper motor, tried a new switch assy all with no luck.

I do get power at both sides of the 20 amp fuse in the fuse box for the wipers, but I dont seem to be getting any power to the switch.

Just looking for any insight on my issue, I was hoping this might be a common problem for a quick fix!

Thanks in advance,

Ryan:evil:

2. Litneon

Litneon Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    Well, it isn't a common problem, but there are a few things you might still check.

Do you have a Hayne's or Chilton's manual? If so, there should be a wiring schematic for that system in the back. It will provide wire colors and sometimes locations.

The most common issues with any system like this, are either the switch or the relay going bad. I would check the switch first, making sure that there is power going into and out of it.

You said there wasn't power making it there, did you check the incoming power wire to the switch? It's not likely to have a wiring issue in the harness, and if you don't have power after the switch, don't assume that there isn't power to the switch, it could be bad.

3. _toph_

_toph_ Member

Truck:
    92 xcab
    I had a 94 Formula that the wiper switch went bad on, just ended up buying and replacing the wiper stalk... its a pain in the a**, but not as bad as driving in rain with no wipers