windows

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by trackfox, Mar 14, 2011.

1. trackfox

trackfox Enthusiast

Truck:
    77 longbed
    my windows dont work...i pulled the panel off the passenger door(this one kinda works)...and it looks to me like the part W/ splines is loose...it has play and looks to be ground down and also looks kinda bent...that was not the greatest description but what im geting at is, will i most likely have to just replace the gear box for the window(s) to get them to work again?

2. Da_Roach

Da_Roach Toyotaholic

Truck:
    (1) 92 RN80 (1) 2002 RZN150
    Manual or power?

3. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    Mine was loose to and hard to roll up, come to find out I only had (1) bolt out of (3) holding it in place, it is kind of hard to mauenver and get the bolt holes to line up, but they will, I put some lock tight on the bolts when I put them back in, they were on the very bottem, I can't imagine them coming unbolted by themselves, but there they were on the very bottem. I used a magnet to get them. I also sprayed some good silicone lube all around on the window regulator, its not completly smooth rollng up and down but its better than what it was, I eventually need to replace them, but I have wing windows and all the regulators I see on line say foir non vented windows and the dealer wants like $120 a piece for the ones I need.

I bought some good condition one piece windows a few weeks ago but I need all the window weather trim for the one piece windows to make it work, the windows with the wings are shorter and won't work, anybody have the trim I need for both drivers and passenger side? I should have been smart enough to grab everything when I bought the windows, but I just saw the one piece windows and said cool I'll take them.

Hope this helps.

4. trackfox

trackfox Enthusiast

Truck:
    77 longbed
    their manual...and its not the bolts that hold the regulators or whatever to the door its the part that is splined and connects to the crank arm... handle thing that is worn. i dont want to take the assembly out without knowing what i need to do...i ma just need to get some that work from the junkyard befor i pull the door apart

5. burnzya

burnzya Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux
    i'm pretty sure you'll need the whole regulator. i believe that splined arm is riveted to the assembly.

6. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    I would by new regulators if I were you because the ones you buy at a junkyard are probably going top be worn too. I eventually want to buy new regultaors for mine too, but like I said all I seem to find is for non vented windows (one piece) and I have vented (wings) I wish I had one peice windows, so much cleaner looking I think.

7. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    I have rebuilt toyota regulators many times in the past and had to do the driver side on my 78 when I got it.

I drilled out the mushroomed spots so the regulator splined piece could be exchanged for one off of another regulator. The teeth on the large "gear" were wasted in one spot so I built new splines with a welder and grinder. Then to ensure the small "gear" didn't wobble I found a 6mm machine washer and welded it to the backside where the small "gear" wallows out the housing.

It's not perfect, one of the teeth I built is just a bit off so you feel it as the window goes up but it goes up now! :D

8. trackfox

trackfox Enthusiast

Truck:
    77 longbed
    nice work...did some B.Y.E.!! i think ima just buy new regulators.