Will this fit?

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by not forgotten, Sep 10, 2008.

1. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    Just would like to know if anyone knows if this will fit. Says 84-88 Tacoma, but they probably don't relize the typo. I cannot imagine the a-pilar changing that much from 83 to 84, want to order for a place to house the air gauges. If too long, couldn't it be trimmed down to fit, if its even an issue?

Thanks

http://www.gaugepods.com/

2. burnzya

burnzya Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux
    those look pretty cool, i would measure my 79 and my 86 but with the 3" chop on the 86 it might not work that well. i wander if they sell one for a 3" chop:D

3. Racersk

Racersk Member

The only real concern here is the curvature of the A pillar between the 2 models. Go to your favorite parts yard, take a panel off of a 84-89 and place it in your rig, if the curvature is good, the gauge pod can be trimmed to fit.

I know my 80 has vinyl in that location, so really anything will fit.

BTW if your trim is, or you want it to be, satin black, I found this REALLY cool 'paint', made by the manufacturer of Plasti-Dip, the same stuff tool handles are dipped in to coat with rubber. It now comes as sprable! works AWSOME for the interior, just a quick wipe with any towlette applied cleaner (I used a leather cleaner) and it feels remarkably like OEM ruberized texture! Pics to come...

Shawn K
    Covinton, WA