Rear shock mounts

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by redman, Jun 25, 2015.

1. redman

redman Enthusiast

I'm in need of some opinions. I'm working on my 93 xcab , I got my 4 link installed and my bag mounts installed also, now I need to mount some shocks on the rear end. The top mount isn't a problem, it's the bottom mount I'm not sure of. I made some brackets just like the link brackets that would weld on beside the link brackets but I'm not sure I like that. So tonight while studying this :lol: I thought about just using the outside bracket of the 4 link itself to put a mount on. So would that be ok to use the same bracket as the 4 link ?? Would that put to much more stress on it?

Thanks

2. Litneon

Litneon Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    I wouldn't. Only because it's already got the stresses of axle placement on it. Rather than have two double shear fasteners, you'd be sharing one of those shear points with a different force, and reducing it's strength by 50% or so.

It was a trick to find a location for the top and bottom mounts on my setup that would allow as much wheel travel as possible.

3. redman

redman Enthusiast

Yes, that's the trouble I'm having, having enough wheel travel.I really don't like the idea of sharing that bracket with a shock either, so I'll nix that idea.