re-upholstery

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by R-Tan, Apr 5, 2012.

1. R-Tan

R-Tan Enthusiast

Truck:
    88 std cab
    Just looking for some input. what do you guys think the price should be for getting my bench seat upholstered with new foam and what not. its in some pretty bad shape. Also, im not really a fan of the vinyl, so what material do you guys prefer? Im thinking tweed, and should the whole seat be tweed? or maybe Tweed inserts? Pics/suggestions are welcome

2. eurofreak2002

eurofreak2002 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    80 STD SR5 LB, bagged! The new whip!
    A decent reputable shop should be able to do new foam and cover for $500 and up. Tweed depending on color and grade would be a bit more. You might be able to find the cover for cheap on Ebay or something but the foam will have to come from a shop unless you buy the foam and cut it yourself. However Ive seen places do it for dirt cheap too so Id say just shop around your local area. I would go tweed but Im old like that. I like Vinyl but you said your not a fan. Leather would be sick but yah $1000 seat ?? is it worth it??

3. R-Tan

R-Tan Enthusiast

Truck:
    88 std cab
    Haha heck no leather is not worth it! Yea im going to break out the yellow pages tomorrow and start calling around. I am just curious and want to hear what some people have paid and what not.

4. Da_Roach

Da_Roach Toyotaholic

Truck:
    (1) 92 RN80 (1) 2002 RZN150
    I drive to TN about 7hrs each way to have hutsons rods and custom do about all my interior work. They have done all 3 of my truck for around 1000 each. That's door panels,seats,headliner and dashs.that leather a sude in each. Buckets seats go for 500ish a pair. Talk to people at hot rod meets to find the good shops. Tweed would be cheaper and last and is easy to clean but I like leather.

5. Kahuna

Kahuna Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 single cab
    ^^^Got any pics of any of your interiors???

6. stout1900

stout1900 Newbie

7. R-Tan

R-Tan Enthusiast

Truck:
    88 std cab
    How much did that run ya!?^ And i just dont have the money to pay that much for my interior. Broke teen paying for school with hardly any work coming my way now blah blah. Im doing all my interior myself, im just not gonna do the seat.

8. eurofreak2002

eurofreak2002 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    80 STD SR5 LB, bagged! The new whip!
    Well you live in Cali so Id assume there is a laundry list of small mexi shops around, they usually cut good deals and do decent work, always tell them your building a lowrider. Well were you live maybe not but in LA yah its always a lowrider hahaha

9. R-Tan

R-Tan Enthusiast

Truck:
    88 std cab
    Yea I got a quote from this little mexican shop for 220. i rolled up in my little lowered yota so maybe that got me a discount ;) Gardeners always stop by my house and ask if my truck is for sale. Anyways, oh and heres my poor little seat.
    [​IMG]

10. stout1900

stout1900 Newbie

It was somewhat a barter deal, but for the re-foam of the passenger bench and back, and the the tuck and roll it was $300. i am 100% okay with what it was to what it is now

11. R-Tan

R-Tan Enthusiast

Truck:
    88 std cab
    Im gettin my whole seat redone for 250 this upcoming week, so im sure it wil be 110% better than what it is now.