Powertrax Lockright on its way

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by skip, Jan 2, 2008.

1. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    1992 std cab, 1986 std cab
    I just ordered a lockright for the rear of my 86' 2wd toy. as of now its lowered 3/4 on black 18s with 215/35 neo-gens. I have a 22re im going to start building for high boost to drop in it. Im hoping for at least 300hp. Ill let you guys know how the install goes on the locker.

2. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    that be good, i want to put on in my truck also..let us know how the install goes..

3. Litneon

Litneon Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    The install's a piece of cake. I've run two different lock-rights so far and not had any problem with either other than the standard tire wear issues. The truck will push through the turns a lot more also. I've not had that issue as much with the Limited slip. But the locker is a 100% lock up as soon as you are on the gas.....

4. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    it should be showing up today. so hopfully this weekend all have time to get it in. and we just got another 8'' (still coming down) of snow so my lowered 2wd toy isnt going anywhere any time soon.

5. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    well it took longer than i thought to get here but i got it installed last weekend. the install was cake, this was my bible http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/lockright_locker/
    I havent really driven it alot but i have had a chance to drive on snowy/icy roads and it is 100 times better than before! I got to work today and there was a large snow mound so i put my passenger side tires up high on the hill and kept my driver side tires on the pavement and it did it drove forward with ease! I also put my driver side rear tire on a large patch of ice and my passenger side rear tire on dry pavement and launched, the tire that was on dry pavement left a big black burn out mark, now thats traction! I am very happy with how it handles. I highly recomend this locker!