owner to be of 79 sr5

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by jfranco93, Aug 24, 2015.

1. jfranco93

jfranco93 Newbie

So am picking up a 79 sr5 2wd from a friend of mine for $800 pretty much stock . My question is, the master cylinder and the booster need to be replaced since the brakes are soft and the engine dies when the brake peddal is pressed, does any know of booster and master cylinder that i could use from a later model truck or car. ( trying to get one from pick-a-part for now) or do i need to get a stock replacement?.

Also planning on a 32/36 weber and header for now and pobrably a swap later on. Any other suggestions?

but first things first!
    Thanks

2. jdbragg

jdbragg Enthusiast

Just pick up a new one from the parts store, they're not that expensive and you'll have a warranty

3. jfranco93

jfranco93 Newbie

Am probably just going to do that, just wanted to know if there is one beter than the stock one that i could bolt on

4. Hiiamthomas

Hiiamthomas Member

Truck:
    1991 Toyota Pickup
    not sure about the booster, but you can get a 4runner v6(89-95) master that is 1" bore as opposed to factory 4 cylinder is 7/8ths

5. CaRenegade

CaRenegade Newbie

Can you help me out, I'm putting together my 78 and i need to know where a few vacuum hoses go. Id appreciate if you can text me and send me pics of the vacuum lines? 5597074781