New to the forum, 89 dlx 4x4

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by LBH2243, Aug 10, 2017.

1. LBH2243

LBH2243 Newbie

Truck:
    89 DLX 22RE 4x4
    Hey guys,

Just joined up after using the site for some tech help and ideas. Right now I have an '89 DLX 4x4 with a new 22RE Perfomance rebuild on original block.

Truck had 236k when I purchased a couple of years back and ended up with the common timing chain guide breakage. Once I dropped the oil pan and saw the amount of crud I decided a full rebuild would be best. After a long lead time, a new baby, and an employment change, I got her back together.

Rebuild was @ 253k and she now has 257k on it. The only problem I have had was with my rebuilt injectors. #4 went out after a week on new engine, and #1 about 3 weeks after that. Starting to get a stutter again so I'll go ahead and replace the other two since I will have the intake off again. Should I be worried about pulling the bed and checking the tank for debri/rust?

The other thing I have is a gremlin in the wiring for my TPS. I have checked it thoroughly for the correct resistance at the specified openings, but it's like the wiring has a short or the wiring in the boot/connector on the wiring harness side is loose somewhere. Any ideas to where I should look. Set/reset/reset/reset timing and idle speed but it changes when my "short" acts up. Just don't want to spend $100 for the wire ends from LCE, and cant find the correct ends to go into the connector. Anyone have a source for them?

Its about time to change my shocks as well cause she is rough... rrrreeeeallly rough!

I am also looking for a 4 light hilux, preferably 1976 or 1st gen around 1970-1971. The wife would disagree, but I need another "Project". 2WD original if possible.

Hope to learn a great deal from the forum and be of help where I can.

2. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome aboard.
    Just throw new injectors in her,she deserves that after a new life!!:cool:

LBH2243 likes this.